Kodak Announces details of its new NEXPRESS ZX Digital Production Color Presses
Wednesday, June 01, 2016
Press release from the issuing company
NEXPRESS Opaque White Dry Ink and the 'Max Platform' - the next-generation NEXPRESS Color Platform
DUSSELDORF, GERMANY, Kodak is showcasing its new NEXPRESS offerings - the NEXPRESS ZX3900 and the NEXPRESS ZX3300 Digital Production Color Presses, NEXPRESS Opaque White Dry Ink and the 'Max Platform', the next-generation NEXPRESS Color Platform - in the Kodak Quarter (Hall 5, Stand F09) at drupa. Digital PSPs can benefit from Kodak's advancements in this industry-leading electrophotographic NEXPRESS portfolio, whether they're investing in a new press or upgrading their existing model.
NEXPRESS ZX3900 Digital Production Color Press
Running live throughout the show, visitors can see first-hand the new packaging and retail application opportunities the new press offers as it now supports thicker paper and thicker synthetic substrates, without limiting the range of commercial jobs that can be produced.
The NEXPRESS ZX3900 and NEXPRESS ZX3300 Digital Production Color Presses will be shipped with System software v16, providing a robust set of new tools to control image quality and maintain productivity to optimize costs and uptime, including:
- An Ink Estimating Tool , which estimates the CMYK and all specialty inks used in a print job.
- Spot Color Recipes , which allows PSPs to create unique color blends for clients and save them for future orders.
- A new Production Dashboard allows users to monitor the activity, consumables and performance of their NEXPRESS on a handheld device.
- Automated Data Export , providing periodic data on press production details for integration with external MIS systems.
- NexPert Operator Support , a fully featured operator support and diagnostic system based on HTML5, allowing for fast and responsive operator access with no Java-related security or performance restrictions.
- Variable Speed Control allows for the printing speed to be set in the job ticket, optimizing quality and press performance.
The NEXPRESS ZX Digital Production Color Presses also include new capabilities to expand the range of print applications:
- NEXPRESS Opaque White Dry Ink , complementing the already available 9 specialty inks, delivers superior opacity in a single pass compared to multiple passes on other devices, delivering increased productivity and higher quality short run production for applications such as packaging, signage, labels and invitations. It has more than 20% higher opacity in a single pass compared to multiple passes on competitive presses.
- NEXPRESS Substrate Expansion Kit , to support select heavy paperboard stocks of up to 24 pts / 610 microns and select heavy weight synthetic stocks of up to 14 mils (Available 2017).
- Support for sheet lengths of up to 48" / 1219 mm (Available 2017)
Kodak's 'Max Platform', the Next-Generation NEXPRESS Color Platform
Kodak is also launching what is set to be the most versatile digital press platform in the market. The 'Max Platform' is the next-generation NEXPRESS Color Platform built with KODAK NEXPRESS Dynamic Imaging Technology. Featuring a new multi-bit LED writing system, this press produces the widest range of applications, including transactional, direct mail, packaging, commercial print and photobooks. Key features include:
- *A new high resolution multi-bit LED writing system . Computed at 12 bits of data and delivering eight bits of data to each of the imaging cylinders, the writing system delivers excellent, consistent quality utilizing closed loop process control that maximizes uptime and lowers running costs. This new writing system delivers the industry's highest information density at nearly 300 million pieces of image information per square centimeter utilizing a data rate similar to watching 3700 HD movies simultaneously.
- *Innovative NEXPRESS Dynamic Imaging Technology , a comprehensive system that ensures smooth flat fields and excellent image detail in printed output.
- Unique, object-based image optimization function that intermixes screens within a page to optimize image quality.
- Color sequence flexibility that allows for dry inks to be printed in any order or combination as needed for print job requirements
- Grayscale halftones up to 310 lines per inch. The system includes legacy imaging modes to match other devices' halftone quality for maximum versatility across a range of applications.
- Inline dual spectrophotometers for real time automatic color adjustments to ensure excellent, consistent image quality. Fast calibrations ensure more uptime and improve operator productivity.
- Speed range flexibility of 70 to 152 ppm to match specific application and performance requirements.
- Expanded sheet sizes from 254 x 200mm (10 x 7.9 inches) up to 1219mm x 356mm (48" x 14"), weighing from 59-530 gsm, up to 610 microns (24 pts.) in caliper.
"The introduction of these new NEXPRESS offerings at drupa is testimony to the critical role this portfolio plays in Kodak's investment into digital print technologies," comments Robert S. Taylor, General Manager, Electrophotographic Printing Solutions, Vice President, Print Systems Division. "Our NEXPRESS portfolio offers printers more, unique application opportunities and greater productivity than ever before. Available upgrades allow customers to remain competitive as technology matures."
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free