W+D will premiere at drupa a revolutionary new envelope converting and finishing machine for direct mail commercial printers and mailers
Commercial printers and direct mailers need to find ways to compress the total work flow to speed up the time-to-market and increase personalization to the outer envelope. W+D will respond to this need by demonstrating a revolutionary new approach for converting short-run offset or digitally printed rectangular sheets into finished direct mail envelopes at drupa 2016.
The highest short-to-medium run productivity and ease-of-use
- Reduce printed direct mail waste by 10% or more
- Speed up turn time on jobs by 40% or more
- Allow for creation of direct mail envelopes from your printed rectangular sheet stock with NO secondary die cutting
- Produce high quality scuff free envelopes from coated and uncoated stocks
- Produce 30,000 finished #10 envelopes with a window per hour (max. 500 epm)
- Operate the W+D 410 Easy Enveloper with one operator with no previous special envelope converting skills and change over size change jobs in 30 minutes or less
- Compact layout (approx. 23ft in length) with all machine utilities internally integrated
In-line finishing capabilities produce irresistible creative direct mail
- Automatically insert RFID tags into the inside of an envelope as part of the inline envelope converting workflow
- Produce special shape envelopes with front and back windows or foil enhancements, all in line with no secondary finishing processes
Now game changing envelope technology for the direct mail printers
This a truly a revolutionary new approach to envelope converting that makes producing the highest quality #9, #10 and 6x 9 ½” size range of envelopes very efficiently , very fast, low running waste and most importantly very easy. This is a game changer in the ability to allow make direct mail more relevant in digital world. Time to market has been cited as one of the biggest issues commercial printers have and the Easy Enveloper is the first product in over 10 years from W+D that addresses this issue as well as the complexity of traditional envelope making. While the first release of this machine that will be demonstrated at drupa is a blank machine W+D also has plans to release a web model for roll-fed inkjet and offset printed direct mail.
W+D will premiere the Easy Enveloper in Hall 16/ A43 at Drupa and then will have a North American Premier showing of the Easy Enveloper on October 5- 7th at our North American headquarters in Lenexa Kansas . For more information on the Easy Enveloper and W+D at drupa go to http://www.w-d-at-drupa.de/en/welcome/w-d-410-easy-enveloper.html