WOODRIDGE - Tensor International supplies an H-50 folder to Polaris Trykk at their Harstad Norway facility. The fully shaftless H-50 folder was installed on Polaris ten tower one folder Goss Universal pressline. The H50 folder has recently undergone a major redesign/upgrade, adding additional features and automation including;
- Independent drives on the Lower Folder Section, RTF, Nipping Rollers, Quarter folder, Transport tapes and delivery.
- Simplified gearbox design
- Pneumatic controlled nipping rollers
- Touchscreen on folder for folder settings, product configuration and information
- Electronically controlled trolley and nip pressure from control desk and touchscreen
- Integrated Tolerans compact stitcher
“We have taken on a lot more production lately due to a closure of a nearby print shop. We needed a second output to meet this volume increase but also reliable backup folder. The Tensor H50 folder is well-known to us from two of our other printing sites in Norway. It was important to do business with a stable and long term partner and with the automation level offered on the upgraded H50, the choice became obvious to us”, says Steinar Bakken, CEO, Polaris Trykk AS.
The upgraded H50 design is a collaboration between Tensor´s engineering department and its sister company DCOS, providing the automation. The folder shipped with a fully independent drive and control system and was integrated via an interface to the existing EAE press control system.
The folder was produced and shipped in record time, 13 weeks. Then transported by air to Europe in order to be installed during Easter holidays with a window of few days without production. The folder is now in daily production.