HP Inc. Reinvents Large-Format Printing with the Industry’s Most Compact and Affordable Integrated MFP
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Press release from the issuing company
Expanded DesignJet portfolio simplifies how architecture, engineering and construction professionals print, scan and copy from the office to the construction site
PALO ALTO, Calif. – HP Inc. today unveiled five new HP DesignJet technical printers, including the flagship HP DesignJet T830 Multifunction Printer (MFP) and the HP DesignJet T730 Printer, reinventing how architect, engineering and construction (AEC) professionals print, scan and copy. Engineered to withstand tough environments, these new devices make large-format printing faster and easier from the office to construction sites.
“Even as AEC and design professionals become increasingly mobile, they prefer making edits and reviewing plans on the printed page,” said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, Large Format Printing, HP. “HP’s innovative new large-format printers and MFPs simplify collaboration with next-level features and mobile printing capabilities to meet this blended reality and print whatever and wherever AEC professionals need.”
Large-format printing reinvented for today’s mobile construction professionals
Ideal for construction professionals, general contractors, and computer-aided design (CAD) teams, the HP DesignJet T830 MFP is the industry’s most affordable, compact and transportable integrated large-format MFP.(1,2,3) Half the size of competitive large-format MFPs(2) with the same footprint as the HP DesignJet T730 Printer, the MFP offers a damage-resistant design able to withstand challenging job sites, a built-in scanner, and a front panel that can be extended and operated from a tablet.
“Architectural drawings are at the heart of what we do as contractors, and getting them to the site quickly is key. However, outsourcing our large-format printing was causing delays and costing money,” said Neil Geraghty, surveyor, Duke Construction. “With the HP DesignJet T830 MFP, we are able to quickly and affordably produce high-quality, large-format prints in-house, while HP mobile printing makes choosing, editing and printing files easy to do from any location.”
Recommended for tough environments where the MFP must endure dust, frequent transportation or potential hits, such as in mobile offices at construction sites, an optional HP DesignJet Rugged Case offers enhanced damage and dust protection. In addition, reinforced wheels and feet on the device’s stand make printing at job sites more convenient.
A 36-inch wide, integrated scanner enables users to modify, scan and share plans in the office or on construction sites from a mobile device,(4) and its intuitive touchscreen offers realistic print preview and document cropping.
Sharing many of the same features of the HP DesignJet T830 MFP, the HP DesignJet T730 Printer provides:
The HP DesignJet T730 Printer and T830 MFP help eliminate traditional printing pain points, enabling users to economically deliver prints for meetings, mark up real-time changes, and easily share documents with key stakeholders to streamline workflow.
HP DesignJet technical portfolio boosts productivity and enterprise security
Also advancing HP’s large-format technical portfolio, three other new HP DesignJet printers help AEC professionals reach new levels of quality, ease of use, mobility and collaboration:
New mobile printing capabilities enhance collaboration
The new HP All-in-One (AiO) Printer Remote is a free mobile application that enables easy, convenient printing and scanning to HP web-enabled printers and MFPs whenever or wherever(8)from both Apple® and Android™ devices.(9) Built-in mobile printing features, including printer discovery through wireless Internet, Wi-Fi Direct and NFC as well as e-mail printing to HP ePrint-enabled printers,(8) make printing in the field as easy as printing in the office. The HP AiO Printer Remote application makes mobile scanning and sharing easier, offering a direct connection to online repositories, such as Dropbox, Box and Google Drive.
(1) Based on 36-inch Wi-Fi integrated MFPs available in the market as of September, 2015.
(2) The HP DesignJet T830 Multifunction Printer is the most compact 36-inch device performing large-format print/scan/copy functions and is at least half the size (without the legs) based on H x W x L specifications published as of September, 2015.
(3) Available for the first time in the industry, the HP DesignJet Rugged Case is compatible with the HP DesignJet T830 MFP and features bigger, reinforced wheels and feet on its stand, making transport for printing at job sites more convenient.
(4) The HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app is available for Apple® iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch running iOS v7.0 or later and for Android™ mobile devices running Android™ v4.4 or later. The HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app is available for free from the Apple® App Store for Apple® mobile devices and from the Google Play Store for Android™ mobile devices.
(5) Printing on sheets eliminates the extra work and cutting waste of printing on performance equivalent roll-based printers in the market as of September, 2015. For example, printing at half scale (13.5 inches) on a typical (36-inch) roll results in over 50% paper waste and additional labor to cut.
(6) Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See www.hp.com/go/designjetmobility for more details.
(7) One integrated print/scan/copy multifunction device compared to separate print, scan, copy devices.
(8) Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See www.hp.com/go/designjetmobilityfor more details.
(9) The HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app is available for Apple®iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch running iOSv7.0 or later and for Android™mobile devices running Android™v4.4 or later. The HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app is available for free from the Apple®App Store for Apple®mobile devices and from the Google Play Store for Android™mobile devices.
(10) Availability will be country dependent and subject to change.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2019 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved