Mutoh America, Inc. Launches Mutoh Edition FlexiSign & Print
Wednesday, November 04, 2015
Press release from the issuing company
RIP software includes new tools for sign makers and wide-format print businesses
Phoenix - Mutoh America, Inc., a leader in wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, has announced the launch of Mutoh Edition FlexiSign & Print RIP software, the most versatile version to date of its flagship software package for sign makers and wide-format print businesses. The new software will be included in most Eco-Ultra and UV-LED ValueJet printer models. This $3,295 value is free with purchase.
The launch deliberately coincides with the release of Microsoft® Windows® 10, to offer customers the benefits of the latest operating system, and is fully compatible with it, as well as with Microsoft Windows 7 and 8.
New software features include:
- View and Change Vinyl Cutting Order - Often a time-consuming problem, this feature enables users to see the pattern in which design objects will be cut and allows it to be changed manually, or optimized by Flexi Design (within the program) for the best speed. It will also automatically optimize the starting point for cutting each object, saving more time and increasing throughput.
- Animated Cut Viewer Tool - Users are now able to see exactly how designs will cut before actually cutting with an animated preview that shows all blade and cut movement for one or all vinyl colour layers.
- Banner and Canvas Finishing Tools - Prepare all the finishing aspects of banners with grommet marks, folds, stitch marks and bleeds in a matter of seconds. Automatic bleed setting and marks accelerates throughput and accuracy over manual marking.
- Job Nesting Alignment Tools - With a single click, alignment controls give fast job nesting placement across roll or sheet-fed media. Jobs can be nested left, right or in the center of the media, or along the edges for faster and easier cutting.
- Artwork Approval Tool - Unique to SAi, this tool provides a faster way of getting designs approved quickly while avoiding confusion. Using their SAi Cloud account, sign and print businesses can send designs to customers. Customers can then approve or make clear annotations on the design through a web browser and return it. Once changes are submitted, sign and print businesses are notified and can either proceed with production or submit a revision.
- QR and Data Matrix Code Generation - A new QR Code Creator makes it fast and easy to add interactive elements to signage. Text is automatically converted for web links, email addresses, phone numbers and SMS messaging. A series of codes can be created automatically with the Auto Serialization Tool, saving time and ensuring accuracy.
A host of other new features geared toward efficient and precise design, cut and print are part of the Mutoh Edition FlexiSign & Print package, making Mutoh's flagship software a robust solution for sign makers and print businesses.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free