Mimaki USA announces UJF-7151 plus multipurpose UV-LED flatbed printer
Friday, October 30, 2015
Press release from the issuing company
Disruptive technology replaces screenprinting for production of short-run or custom, one-off jobs in minutes instead of days
SGIA BOOTH #3145
Suwanee, GA – Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today announced it will showcase the new UJF-7151 plus UV-LED flatbed printer in its booth 3145, at the Specialty Graphic and Imaging Association (SGIA) annual exhibition to be held in Atlanta, Nov. 4-6, 2015.
The UJF-7151 printer is the next generation model in the world’s best selling UJF Series line. Its design and technologies enable sign, specialty graphics, and award and personalization companies to realize the benefits of digital printing with higher margins and lower production costs, without compromising quality.
“The UJF-7151 printer not only extends the capabilities for current UJF owners but also makes it affordable for screenprint and pad print shops to migrate to digital printing,” said Ken VanHorn, Director, Marketing and Business Development for Mimaki USA. “The ability to produce highly customized, one-off and variable data runs on a variety of substrates makes this a disruptive technology that can be used in a number of areas including awards and recognition, promotional products, and industrial applications.”
Exceptional print quality.
• Unlike conventional models, the print table moves the substrate under the staggered print heads, using Mimaki’s exclusive ball screw technology to reduce vibration and increasing ink drop accuracy.
• Mimaki Advance Pass System 4 (MAPS4) technology reduces banding and produces smoother images.
• Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1 (MFD1) patented dithering technique in RasterLink6 RIP software enhances image quality.
• A new UV-LED curing system controls lamp power and curing time for higher quality results. When using clear ink for a topcoat, the additional control delivers near-flawless glossy results by preventing dust adhesion and air bubble formation.
• Variable dot printing produces smoother gradients and quartertones.
• Waveform control jets each ink droplet at an optimum angle to maintain ink droplet formation and shape.
Ink versatility. Three types of ink will be available from ‘hard’ inks that are chemical- and abrasion-resistant; to inks flexible enough for use in banner applications and vehicle wraps; to compliant yet stable inks for thermoforming applications. In addition to the standard CMYK color set, White and Clear inks, plus jettable Primer, will be available.
Faster print speeds. Six print heads in a staggered configuration enable higher productivity. Print speeds on the UJF-7151 printer are up to 35.5 square feet per hour, more than 1.6 times faster than the UJF-6042 printer, and more than 2.5 times faster than competitive printers in its class.
Familiar format size. This new model can print on media up to 28- by 20-inches – a familiar format size in the screenprinting industry – and on materials up to 6 inches thick. Mimaki’s Kebab option is available to print on cylindrical objects such as bottles and cans.
Mimaki technologies for productivity.
• A revolutionary ink head ink circulation system for all colors reduces ink precipitation (settling) and removes air bubbles that can cause clogged nozzles. The result is more stable printing, fewer cleanings and more cost-effective ink utilization.
• A gap check sensor detects transparent media to prevent head contact.
• Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) automatically detects and recovers clogged nozzles.
• If a nozzle cannot be recovered, the Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) selects substitute nozzles and restarts printing.
• Mimaki Bulk Ink System 3 (MBIS3) with one liter ink bottles enable longer runs.
Easy-to-use operational features
In addition to the numerous features and technologies to deliver exceptional prints, the UJF-7151 printer is also easy to use. It features a color LCD display panel that shows the printer’s status at a glance. Users can connect to the printer via Ethernet, or directly through a USB port. An event mail notification system is included so printer status can be monitored remotely.
The UJF-7151 printer will be available in U.S., Canada and Latin America beginning in December 2015.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2019 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved