Quark Software Inc. Releases September Update of QuarkXPress 2015
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Press release from the issuing company
DENVER, CO – Quark Software Inc. released today the September update to QuarkXPress 2015. QuarkXPress 2015 is the newest version of Quark’s leading page layout and design software for creative professionals. Since launching, it has received acclaim from industry experts, including 4.5 mice from Macworld, 4 out of five stars from MacNN, and 4.5 out of five stars from Maclife Germany.
QuarkXPress 2015 offers 64-bit performance, certified PDF/X-4 output, fixed layout eBooks and many of the most user-requested features. The new September 2015 update solves known issues and adds additional functionality, including:
- Enhanced Quark Color Manager with Black Point Compensation (BPC) added. BPC is a technique used in comparing and converting varying levels of black across different media.
- Style sheet mapping in reflow ePub exports
- Certified support for Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Footnote Styles that now allow for a space before and after Footnotes and Separator text
- Ability to insert Footnotes/Endnotes in anchored boxes, including nested anchored boxes
- Support for Output Styles in App Studio
- App Studio exports that now allow 3x resolution for image bundles, which is important for new high-resolution mobile devices
- App Studio now allows adding user-specified device specifications (screen dimensions) for HTML5 layouts
- Ability to add interactivity via buttons in page stacks in HTML5 layouts
- Functionality to optionally disable slideshow indicators and video play buttons in HTML5 layouts
- Flow box page numbers in the Content Variables palette
- Enhanced Running Headers that support first and last occurrence on page and spread
- Find/Change support for Content Variables, Footnotes and Convert to Graphic
- Search in Palettes now also available in Item Styles, Index, Books and Callout Styles palettes
The September update for Mac and Windows is free of charge for users of QuarkXPress 2015 can be downloaded using the built-in Auto Updater. The update is also available from http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/ along with a fully-functional Test Drive version.
Purchasing QuarkXPress 2015
Quark now allows upgrades from versions of QuarkXPress dating back to the 1990s (versions 3 – 10). To purchase or upgrade to QuarkXPress 2015, please visit: http://shop.quark.com, contact the telesales team, or find a reseller near you. QuarkXPress offers dual activation, meaning it can be installed on up to two machines and across Mac and Windows platforms. It’s also sold as a perpetual license, which means users are not locked into an ongoing subscription. QuarkXPress 2015 comes with 60-day free support. Additional support and upgrade plans can be ordered separately.
Learn more about QuarkXPress 2015: http://www.quark.com/2015.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free