New XMPie personalization Add-on to Adobe InDesign now available on Adobe Exchange
New York, NY – XMPie®, a leading provider of software for personalized communications in print and digital media, announces the release of uMerge, a subscription-based personalization add-on to Adobe InDesign CC. uMerge is easy to use for InDesign professionals and relevant for a broad scope of applications, from database publishing to small-scale personalization jobs such as newsletters, event invitations, departmental HR communications, financial communications, and more.
Now every InDesign professional can create personalized PDF files within InDesign in a process similar to the broadly familiar mail-merge or data-merge workflows.
“With uMerge, we are bringing the design community closer to creative personalization with Adobe InDesign, and we are opening the market far beyond batch-produced variable data print jobs,” said Jacob Aizikowitz, President of XMPie.
While the main focus of uMerge is to bring state-of-the-art personalization capabilities to the broad base of InDesign professionals, it is also uniquely compatible with all of XMPie’s leading high-end print personalization solutions; uMerge users can connect remotely to the XMPie servers of a Print Service Provider and get the job batched produced and fulfilled, including with a large data source.
“XMPie Customers with server-class solutions can engage uMerge users to do work with them through the remote connectivity feature. This reflects the strong synergies between the uMerge initiative and the investments our customers make in our high-end personalization technologies,” added Jacob.
Pricing and availability: uMerge is a monthly subscription based product that can be purchased directly from Adobe Exchange (www.umerge.xmpie.com).
- Transform static design elements such as text, graphic frames, character styles, tables, and more into dynamic elements where the data and rules drive the content / appearance / visibility and more
- Link to Excel® or CSV file and preview personalized content / appearance, directly within the InDesign document, record by record
- Create multiple PDF files, automatically, one for each record in the data source
- Collaborate with a professional print provider that has server-class solution from XMPie with an InDesign Server, using manual or on-line interaction, in order to batch produce larger scale uMerge jobs.
- Available for Windows and Mac
- Scalable and compatible with all XMPie desktop and server-based solutions offering a growth path into enabling VDP production, Web-to-print or 1:1 multichannel communications capabilities
- Subscription-based, accessible and affordable to the broader InDesign community