MadeToPrint Server compatible with Adobe CC 2014 Server
Friday, December 12, 2014
Press release from the issuing company
Berlin - axaio software, developer of solutions for PDF creation, printing and content correction workflows for the publishing and printing markets, announces the compatibility of MadeToPrint Server with Adobe InDesign CC 2014 Server. Compatibility for MadeToPrint Standard and Auto for InDesign & Illustrator CC 2014 had been announced previously, now also the Server version of MadeToPrint has been added.
In parallel for all MadeToPrint automation levels – Standard, Auto and Server – the new version (2.6290) was shipped, which includes a number of new features, improvements and bug fixes.
New features and improvements:
- When using “Auto” mode, MadeToPrint saves unprocessed files when it shuts down. Upon the next start, it gives priority to those files. Overall execution using “auto” mode is much faster in the new version.
- Preprocess scripts called during export can have their scope set to “job”, “page” or “layer” which gives more flexibility.
- Parameter overrides (the ability to make MadeToPrint output settings variable) are now also available for export of interactive PDF files.
- The functionality of the layer combination feature has been extended: you can now combine one special layer with all other layers, in one go. Before it was necessary to define a fixed layer list.
- When using callas pdfToolbox preflight profiles containing variables, the value for those variables can be specified in output settings.
- Export of InDesign book files is possible with separate pages too.
- New tokens “UPPER” and “LOWER” allow changing the capitalization of strings.
- The MadeToPrint log file format has been changed to UTF8 for better compatibility with complex encodings.
- JPG export in Server version does now work with user settings
- “Auto” mode does not hang anymore
- The Preflight message window does not remain empty anymore, if a language other than English is defined
- French quotes can be used in tokens
Prices and availability*
axaio MadeToPrint is a plug-in for Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or InCopy and an XTension for QuarkXPress. Depending on the automation version (Standard, Auto or Server), MadeToPrint allows either manual, hot folder or fully automated print and export from a design document to one or more output targets.
For existing CC customers (with or without SMA contract) the upgrade to Adobe CC version 2014 is free of charge. Once upgraded, the old Adobe CC version may no longer be used. CC customers who don’t have an SMA contract will only be granted one Adobe CC upgrade. So, for example, new MadeToPrint CC 2014 customers will get the next Adobe CC upgrade for free, but further upgrades will be charged with an upgrade fee.
MadeToPrint comes in three different automation flavors:
MadeToPrint Standard is available from € 349, MadeToPrint Auto is available from € 2.490 and MadeToPrint Server sells at € 5.490 (up to Server version CC as subscription model only).
MadeToPrint easily integrates with editorial systems from Quark, Van Gennep, vjoon and WoodWing.
Free trial versions and updates can be downloaded from the axaio website. http://www.axaio.com/doku.php/en:download. To receive a MadeToPrint Server trial or update, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
* Prices exclude VAT.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free