Northeast Ohio Craftsmen Club Issues Call for Entries for the 2015 Gallery of Superb Printing
Monday, October 13, 2014
Press release from the issuing company
Akron, OH - Northeast Ohio Craftsmen Club is proud to again call for entries for the area commercial printing and design exhibition - the 2015 Gallery of Superb Printing. The purpose of this exhibition is to give recognition for excellence in printing and design produced in our community and to also encourage creative efforts within our industry. The “Call for Entries” packages have been sent out to over 100 Northeast Ohnt and design companies. Entry submission deadline is October 31, 2014. Entries limited to membership in good standing, membership application included in entry package. The Gallery of Superb printing and Awards ceremony will be featured at the 2015 Ben Franklin Ball, January 17, 2015 to be held at The Fieldcrest Estates, North Canton, Ohio.
The Northeast Ohio Craftsmen Club, or NEOCC, was known for over fifty years as the Akron Club of Printing House Craftsmen. Ken Hiney, Sr. served as the first president from 1955 to 1956.
Originally chartered as a chapter of the International Association of Printing House Craftsmen, the founding members set out to support the International objectives at the local level. Those include:
• To provide an opportunity for those engaged in, or interested in, the graphic arts and related industries to meet at regular intervals and share their knowledge.
• To provide educational programs that would further acquaint members with existing methods, and inform them of new developments.
• To encourage promising young people to enter the graphic arts industry and to assist local schools in the planning and teaching of sound graphic arts courses.
• To promote friendship and good fellowship among members.
• To promote and enhance the stature of graphic arts and to help the public understand the industry’s place in our economy and in their lives.
In 2007, the membership voted to function as an independent organization and the club was renamed The Northeast Ohio Craftsmen Club, remaining strongly committed to upholding the core objectives. Additionally, we are broadening the scope of the club to include all of Northeast Ohio and more of the related industries. If interested please contact Walt Mengay email@example.com or Gregg Seifert Gregg.firstname.lastname@example.org for information on NEOCC or Entry package.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved