QuarkXPress 10.2 Now Available Featuring Major Performance Improvements
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Press release from the issuing company
Free to All Current QuarkXPress 10 Users, Version 10.2 is a Significant Update that Addresses Performance and Output Issues Reported by Customers
Test Drive Reset Offers Everyone a New 30-day Trial Period
DENVER, CO – Quark Software Inc. announced today QuarkXPress®10.2, an update to QuarkXPress 10 that is available free of charge to all users currently on version 10 and available as part of Quark’s Creative Pro bundle offer.
QuarkXPress 10.2 is fast, renders stunning high-quality images and enables users to optimize their environment for onscreen image display and performance. The new update also introduces new collaboration and productivity features at no additional cost to current version 10 users.
The update is available through the Auto Updater in QuarkXPress 10 or can be downloaded here. Everyone can trial QuarkXPress 10.2 by downloading the 30-day Test Drive here.
More Control over Performance and Image Display Quality
The Xenon Graphics Engine, introduced with QuarkXPress 10, takes full advantage of a computer’s processing power to render rich PDFs, Photoshop and TIFF images at the maximum and most appropriate resolution. QuarkXPress 10.2 introduces even more control over the new graphics engine. Now designers can use a preference option within QuarkXPress to balance between maximum performance and highest image display quality – depending on the project at hand. Regardless of whether designers opt for display quality or performance, QuarkXPress 10.2 outperforms previous versions of QuarkXPress.
QuarkXPress 10.2 pre-release tester Peter Loader, Owner of Omega Graphix in Australia, said, “I’m loving 10.2. It’s much more stable than previous versions of QuarkXPress 10 and faster than version 9. The major performance and output issues have been addressed and the image preview is great. 10.2 is now my production tool of choice!”
Matthias Guenther, Director of the Desktop Business Unit for Quark Software Inc., said, “I invite designers to test, or re-test, what we believe is now the best, most reliable version of QuarkXPress ever. During the development phase, QuarkXPress 10.2 was tested extensively by pre-release testers around the world who reported significant performance improvements relative to previous versions of QuarkXPress.”
New Features in QuarkXPress 10.2
In addition to performance and quality improvements, QuarkXPress 10.2 adds new features and functionality that will help designers collaborate throughout the review process, prepare layouts for output and work more productivity. New features include:
- Redlining: Track changes within QuarkXPress documents so writers, editors, project managers and other users can see what changes have been made. Using the Redline feature, teams can view the inserted and deleted text content made in a project and decide whether to accept or reject the changes.
- Notes: Store comments in a project without affecting the actual content of the project by adding reminders and comments on the text content. A note in QuarkXPress now looks like the "sticky" notes designers and reviewers might stick to hard copy versions. Notes can also be exported as PDF notes when creating a PDF from the QuarkXPress project.
- Superior output, ready for PDF/X-4: QuarkXPress 10.2 output passes all version 4 Ghent Workgroup Output Tests, which is especially important for PDF/X-4 based workflows.
- Anchored boxes without limit: In version 10.2 there are no limitations on nesting anchored boxes. Previous versions of QuarkXPress have a limit of two levels.
- Import/export hyphenation exceptions: Export and import hyphenation exceptions created for a document and share the exceptions across projects to maintain uniformity. Keep track of all hyphenation exceptions by merging the exceptions into one set that can be shared across workstations. Hyphenation exceptions can be created for all 30+ languages supported by QuarkXPress and can be automatically synchronized when using Quark Job Jackets. This allows designers to edit exceptions either in QuarkXPress or in an external hyphenation exceptions file (XML). Either way, when saving or opening a connected project, hyphenation exceptions are automatically synchronized.
Go Pro Bundle Offer
Until the end of August 2014, Quark will continue to offer the QuarkXPress Creative Pro bundle. The bundle offers anyone who purchases or upgrades to QuarkXPress 10 the option to choose $1,000 worth of tools for creative professionals. Learn about the bundle here.
For more information about QuarkXPress 10: http://www.quark.com/10.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free