Update to QuarkXPress 10 Adds Support for OS X Mavericks and Windows 8.1
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Press release from the issuing company
Denver, CO - Quark Software Inc. announced today the availability of QuarkXPress® 10.0.1, a free update to QuarkXPress 10 that addresses a variety of issues reported by customers since the new version was released in mid-September. QuarkXPress 10 features the new Xenon Graphics Engine, Retina® display support, a modern architecture and over fifty new features and enhancements. The update is free to existing QuarkXPress 10 users through Quark Update or via download from www.Quark.com/Support/Downloads.
“QuarkXPress 10 is milestone version for QuarkXPress, laying the foundation for future releases. Outside the general feature enhancements, we’ve transitioned to a modern Cocoa application with a modern architecture, refreshed the entire user interface and introduced the new Xenon Graphics Engine,” said Dave White, Chief Technology Officer, Quark Software Inc. “In order to ensure customers are able to readily benefit from all of these changes, we committed our engineering team to an aggressive release cycle of updates to respond rapidly to user feedback.”
Version 10.0.1 is the second update since the product’s release in September and the most significant to date with nearly 100 issues addressing a wide spectrum of areas. This update also enhances support for OS X Mavericks – Apple’s latest Mac operating system, which is now available as a free update to Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion users.
Key issues addressed in QuarkXPress 10.0.1 include:
- Mavericks compatibility including improved support for working across multiple monitors
- Support for Windows 8.1
- Improved layout performance, particularly when working with high resolution images*
- Text input performance
- Range of output issues related to PDFs with Native Transparency including correctly outputting feathering and glow effects, drop shadows, bevels and gradients
- On screen rendering and PDF output for outlined text
- OpenType font rendering in PDFs
- Output and rendering of multi-channel TIFF and PSD files
- Improved color profile support
- Improved support for Adobe Illustrator PDFs containing transparent objects
- General stability and reliability related issues
The 10.0.1 update is free to QuarkXPress 10 users through Quark Update or can be downloaded from www.Quark.com/Support/Downloads.
*Please note that reported image performance issues have yet to be fully addressed but will be in a subsequent update.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free