Quark Receives Dynamic Publishing Strategy and Leadership Award
Friday, September 13, 2013
Press release from the issuing company
Frost & Sullivan Commends Quark’s Competitive Strategy and Innovation in Dynamic Publishing
DENVER, CO – Based on the findings of its Best Practices research, this week Frost & Sullivan presented Quark Software Inc. the Competitive Strategy & Innovation Leadership award in Dynamic Publishing Solutions for 2013. President and CEO Ray Schiavone accepted the award at a gala hosted in San Jose, CA in conjunction with the GIL Conference.
Watch a short video featuring Frost & Sullivan Global Research Director Mukul Krishna or read the Frost & Sullivan award summary to learn more about dynamic publishing and Quark’s work to move the category and its customers forward:http://www.quark.com/FrostandSullivanAward.
Dynamic publishing enables the automated creation and delivery of content across channels, which is essential for effective enterprise content management – especially with increasing consumer demand for engaging multi-device content. To identify the leader in dynamic publishing, Frost & Sullivan analyzed the top three vendors in the category on the merits of competitive strategy, impact on market share, competitive brand positioning and impact on customer satisfaction. Across these measurement criteria Quark scored 9.1 out of 10, while the next closest competitors scored 8.4 and 7.3 respectively.
Quark stands out for its:
- Inorganic growth strategy, global footprint, comprehensive dynamic publishing solution offering, and ongoing investment in creating an optimal user experience
- HTML5-based mobile publishing solutions for the creation of digital content for iOS, Android, and Web apps
- Word-based XML authoring solution for the creation of structured, componentized and reusable content
- Industry-specific solutions for financial services, manufacturing, government, and media
- Range of hosting and licensing options from on-premise and SaaS to hybrid models
- Integration with leading enterprise content management solutions from IBM, EMC, Microsoft, OpenText and others
Excerpt from Award Summary – Quark and Dynamic Publishing
Founded in 1981, Quark, an expert in desktop publishing solutions, entered the dynamic publishing space in 2008. The move was an acknowledgement of the growing potential of the dynamic publishing market, with opportunities stemming in the form of greater device proliferation and increasing zeal for content re-monetization. Within this arena, Quark made strong moves acquiring in.Vision (2008) and Gluon (2009) during the initial stages, and most recently added Mobile IQ (2012) to strengthen its product portfolio. Over the years, it has also organically strengthened its offerings for this market, developing comprehensive, end-to-end publishing solutions right from content creation to automation, all the way through to multi-channel delivery. Quark fully acknowledges the level of fragmentation in the device hardware, operating system platform, App stores, and geography-specific guidelines, and it was among the earliest vendors to fully solve this challenge for publishers.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free