STAMFORD, Conn., - Pitney Bowes Inc. today released a white paper that offers strategies that can help mailers and service bureaus improve the effectiveness of direct mail solutions for Standard Mail.
The white paper, entitled "The Direct Answer," highlights recent changes and innovations in technology and mail operations, and offers insight on how new direct mail techniques and technologies can help organizations improve workflows, increase response rates and lower costs.
"Direct mail continues to be one of the most cost-efficient and effective communications tools available for customer engagement," said Grant Miller, vice president, global strategic product management, Document Messaging Technologies, Pitney Bowes. "By employing the right direct mail strategies and solutions, mailers can deliver more personalized, relevant and timely messages to create customer experiences that can break through the clutter and motivate prospects to act."
"Innovations and new technologies in presort and mail logistics have created an environment in which organizations can rely on Standard Mail for greater accuracy, integrity, tracking, and predictable delivery dates for their direct mail campaigns," said Jim Perkins, senior vice president, Presort Services, Pitney Bowes. "These 'new standards' for Standard Mail can help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of customer communications, and offer cost savings opportunities."
The white paper explores five key strategies that can help mailers and service bureaus increase their direct mail ROI. These include:
- Automating presort to achieve higher postage discounts;
- Boosting open rates and responses with relevant personalization and QR Codes, which can make it easy to link to personalized Web sites using smartphones for a consistent experience across all channels;
- Inducting mail closer to its final destination for faster, more consistent delivery;
- Increasing the impact of communications with color printing of customized messages; and
- Gaining greater visibility into the postal operations to help coordinate marketing campaigns and confirm delivery.