LONDON – The international Digital Magazine Awards, in association with App Studio and Media on the Move, announced the winners of the 2012 competition at a showcase event held at the Proud Gallery in London on December 6th.
From a field of entries spanning 24 countries and hundreds of nominations, the 2012 winners are:
- Digital Magazine of the Year: Post Gravity
- Magazine Cover of the Year, as voted for by the public through Huffington Post UK: Edge
- Magazine Launch of the Year (New Format): Men's Health iPhone edition
- Magazine Launch of the Year (New Title): Inquire
- Entertainment Magazine of the Year: Cineworld
- Fashion Magazine of the Year: Post Gravity
- Film Magazine of the Year: Total Film
- Food and Drink Magazine of the Year: Lakeland
- Lifestyle Magazine of the Year: British GQ
- Magazine Advertisement of the Year: Economist – Avis
- Motoring Magazine of the Year: evo
- Music Magazine of the Year: AUX
- News and Business Magazine of the Year: Inquire
- Science and Nature Magazine of the Year: Focus
- Specialist Magazine of the Year: Science et vie Kids
- Sports Magazine of the Year: Sport
- Technology and Gadget Magazine of the Year: Wired UK
- Travel Magazine of the Year: National Geographic Traveler
- Editor of the Year: David Rowan, Wired UK
- Designer of the Year: Mark Wynne, Edge
- Photographer/Videographer: Julian George (Nakedeye Media), The Maior
Check http://digitalmagazineawards.com/ to learn more about the winners.
Bruce Hudson, Digital Magazine Awards' Chairman said, "Congratulations to the 2012 Digital Magazine Awards winners. The creativity and ingenuity exhibited by this year's award winners is moving digital publishing forward and setting new standards in our industry. Thanks to all our nominees, sponsors, judges, and public voters who helped make the competition and showcase a tremendous success."
Quark's Vice President of Marketing Gavin Drake said, "Digital publishing is quickly becoming a business requirement for publishers, as well as for all businesses that must reach consumers with timely, engaging content. The Digital Magazine Awards showcase innovators in this new world of communication who are pushing the bounds of interacting with readers through smartphones and tablets. Congratulations to this year's winners."
The Digital Magazine Awards 2012 were judged by luminaries from the digital publishing industry including Quark's Director of Mobile Products Paul Danter; CNN International Digital's Vice President and General Manager, Peter Bale; Huffington Post Tech (UK) Managing Editor, Grattan McCoach and Getty Image's Vice President Christian Toksvig.