RDSL Adds Color with IMPIKA iPrint Compact
Thursday, December 06, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Following its undeniable success at the last DRUPA, IMPIKA is installing its second iPrint Compact at one of the historic French direct marketing service provider RDSL, printing today 170 million A4 faces and managing 300 million letters a year from its unique location close to Paris.
Today, the demands in this field of activity are extremely high, and meeting them requires first-rate technical and economic performance. Aware of these stakes, and in order to be equipped with the best solution for its move to colour, RDSL, after extensive consultation with manufacturers, has acquired an IMPIKA iPrint Compact, the latest product in the iPrint range of continuous feed colour production printers. The combination of a unique technical and economic solution provided by an innovative, dynamic and customer-focused company was a key factor in RDSL's strategic choice.
Jean Marc Pasturel, Sales and Marketing Director at IMPIKA, explains that "After a thorough analysis of RDSL needs, we have proposed the Compact model of our range of printers, a true concentrate of performances, to offer the "best" of colour direct marketing to its own customers, Reader's Digest, Nespresso, l'Occitane, Mercedes, La Banque Postale…".
The iPrint Compact is the "Swiss army knife" of continuous feed digital printers:
- Printing on a maximum paper width of 510mm, compatible with the 2-up Duplex (two-sided double A4) or Simplex (one-sided double A4) standard, in monochrome or full colour, in a single print tower with the smallest footprint on the market.
- Record flexibility with a choice of printing quality depending on the type of applications. Three print modes are available, from 360x600 dpi suitable for basic monochrome or colour printing, up to 1200x600 dpi offset like quality for heavy-duty graphic arts printing, as well as the 600x600 dpi standard ideal for a wide range of document printing needs.
- High productivity with the ability to print up to 10 million A4 pages per month, and to absorb demand peaks, thanks to its high speed mode (127 m/min), immediately producing over 1700 pages/minute.
- A high performance variable data controller, specifically developed for the printer, processing the main production printing formats such as AFP/IPDS and PDF. Its CMR (Colour Management Resources) compatibility enables optimised management and faithfulness to the colour palette for each printed page.
- Compatibility with new, water-based HD ink (2nd generation High Density inks), developed by IMPIKA to provide exceptional colour rendering on low-cost paper, without any inkjet pre-treatment. Its limited and shallow penetration into paper fibres also allows this innovative and exclusive ink to be used on lightweight papers.
- Reduced and controlled operating costs. Like all models of the iPrint range, the operating system of the iPrint Compact distinguishes the printed pages (separating black and white pages from colour pages) from the unprinted ones, all in the same printing job, enabling thus accurate invoicing. The ink drop sizes can be chosen in order to optimize the ink-cost-per-page/sensed quality ratio. Moreover, paper waste is reduced to a minimum thanks to printing in acceleration and deceleration phases, and, to jobs sequencing.
The iPrint Compact also represents a long-term, secured investment. The IMPIKA philosophy is to offer its customers the very best of the technology from today and tomorrow, relying on scalable product platforms and a solid technological "road map": improved print quality and productivity, 3rd generation ink, and other innovative features soon to be revealed…
For all these reasons, RDSL, among others, has been won over. From now on, the company is able to offer its customers a differentiating highly valuable service, which points to the likelihood of IMPIKA's great success in not only the direct marketing, transactional and TransPromo markets, but also in the book and newspaper markets in Europe and the rest of the world.
With its custom design, the iPrint Compact proudly displays RDSL colours in an area dedicated to very high volume production. "We value IMPIKA's professionalism, evident at every stage of the project, from file creation and print workflow, through to finishing. We are starting our move to colour with first class support, especially during the work-up phase" explains Jérémy Léonardi, Strategy and Development Director at RDSL. He adds "The acquisition of an iPrint Compact fits in a global project of investment in document output management. We've totally upgraded our production equipments and trained our IT specialists, production and sales teams".
The iPrint Compact is the ideal tool for production printing professionals in the move to Colour. The IMPIKA team is available, listening, ready to provide them all its expertise and guide them in their projects and challenges.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free