Free Quark DesignPad App Update Available
Monday, November 26, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
DesignPad Now Features Retina Display Support, Save to Photo Library, Post to Facebook, Duplicate Layout, Change Box Shapes, Line Spacing, Drop Shadow, Line Spacing on Text, and a Choice of More than 100 Fonts
DENVER, CO – Quark announced today a free update to Quark DesignPadTM, the iPad app for aspiring designers that helps them explore the fundamentals of grid-based design and create professional-looking artwork from a mobile device. DesignPad can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
Using simple multi-touch gestures, novice and design hobbyists through to professional designers can use Quark DesignPad to experiment with various pre-defined designs for standard document types such as ads, posters, newsletters and brochures. Within each design users can interactively customize the layouts and then share with friends on Twitter, Facebook, and by email. Concepts designed with Quark DesignPad can even be sent to the user for further development in QuarkXPress 9.
The update for the Quark DesignPad app is free to download from the App Store. Users are encouraged to share their feedback on forums.quark.com and know the Quark DesignPad development team will consider all serious feature requests.
Gavin Drake, Vice President of Marketing at Quark said, "More than 30,000 people downloaded Quark DesignPad in its first two weeks, topping the app charts in several countries. We're eager to continue adding to and updating Quark DesignPad to make it the essential app for both aspiring and professional designers. Thank you to all the users and especially those who provided feedback to help shape this version."
Quark DesignPad updates:
- Added new easy-to-navigate Getting Started Guide within the user interface
- Added Retina interface update
- Added Save to Photo Library
- Added Post to Facebook (iOS 6 Native)
- Added duplicate layout (Save As…)
- Added change any box shape to: beveled rectangle, inset rectangle, rounded rectangle, polygon, star, oval, speech bubble, thought bubble
- Added additional shape controls: change speech/thought bubble angle, change polygon/star orientation relative to content, change star inner radius, toggle corners on rounded rectangle
- Added rotate box and control box angle
- Added drop shadow toggle and special shadow controller
- Added line spacing on text
- Added justified text control (left, center, right, block)
- Added expose full font list, including bolds, italics, lights and condensed (over 100 font choices added)
- Fixed text fields for Layout Sliders
- Fixed interface glitches, including active disabling of non-relevant controls
- Fixed auto-hide of guides on export, with option to show if desired
For more information on Quark DesignPad please visit www.quark.com/products/designpad.
DesignPad can be downloaded for free from the App Store. To download DesignPad's User Guide, click here.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free