NORWALK, Conn., – Xerox has been placed by Gartner, Inc., in the Leaders Quadrant in the "Magic Quadrant for Multifunction Printers (MFPs) and Printers."
A proprietary research tool developed by Gartner, the Magic Quadrant offers visual snapshots of a market's direction, maturity and participants, and evaluates companies on completeness of vision along with the ability to execute.
In addition to the company's portfolio of MFPs and solutions that make office work easier and faster to get done, Xerox's patented solid ink technology produces high-quality color prints and generates up to 90 percent less printing waste than comparable color laser printers – a benefit for both small- and medium-sized businesses and enterprises.
Xerox's services are adding additional efficiencies for MFP users. For example, customers using Xerox's managed print services are reducing printing-related costs and simplifying IT management. For those not ready to sign a contract, Xerox eConcierge allows for easy supplies ordering and free lifetime service coverage.
"We know our technology is strengthened by our services. It is the combination of both that we believe supports our leadership position in Gartner's Multifunction Printers Magic Quadrant," said Douraid Zaghouani, president, Channel Partner Operations, Xerox.
In the report, Gartner defines a leader as:
- the most capable in providing MFPs (including Smart Multifunction Products), printers and the associated printing solutions and services, regardless of customer location;
- providers of the most extensive product portfolio relative to their peers, and the broad channel capability to deliver the products to customers where they want to procure them;
- holders of consistently high market share worldwide and capable of delivering consistent service levels in the regions where Gartner customers are located;
- tending to have the deepest global capability and the inventiveness, resources, skills and vision to deliver superior levels of support to existing and future customers globally;
- possessing a proven track record of channeling R&D initiatives into products and solutions that customers need.