Ben Franklin Press & Label Install Epson SurePress for Wine Labels
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Napa Valley-Based Ben Franklin Press & Label Company Purchases and Installs Epson SurePress L-4033A
CHICAGO (PACK EXPO, Booth N3957) – Epson America, Inc. today announced that Ben Franklin Press & Label Company, an award-winning Napa, California-based converter, has selected the Epson SurePress L-4033A over competitive models to install in its center of operations. Ben Franklin Press & Label will be using the inkjet digital label press to produce vibrant, high-quality wine labels for numerous wineries.
"The wine label market brings together an extremely creative design community and an equally talented wine making group that pushes the envelope on printing processes. We strive to achieve balance between art and technology, while bringing cutting-edge solutions to our clients," said Dennis Patterson, president and general manager, Ben Franklin Press & Label Company. "We spent over a year investigating the digital press market and our research took us to Labelexpo 2011 in Brussels and then to drupa 2012 in Germany. We performed follow-up tests with a number of manufacturers and found Epson's SurePress inkjet technology excels over other digital technologies. The Epson SurePress gives us the quality required for the evolving wine label industry at a competitive price."
Designed for prime label converters and commercial printers, the Epson SurePress L-4033A, as well as the recently introduced Epson SurePress L-4033AW with White ink, delivers innovative printing features that expand printing capabilities, making it a cost-effective and reliable solution. The Epson SurePress also offers short-runs for easier and more efficient label printing, as well as Variable Data Printing for maximum label customization.
"The Epson SurePress inkjet label press was engineered to boost the profits of label converters and commercial printers around the globe," said Mark Elsbernd, North America region sales manager, Epson America. "We are excited to provide a superior label printing solution for Ben Franklin's wine label printing needs in the heart of California's wine country."
Additional Epson SurePress features include:
- High Quality Labels: Epson's acclaimed MicroPiezo ink jet technology with variable-size droplets as small as three picoliters provides ultra-precise drop formation and placement to deliver smooth gradations, remarkable color quality, and sharp detail for easy bar code readability, plus crisp small type and line work
- Industrial Quality Inks: Six-color (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, and Green), durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion and reproduce a wide range of colors; SurePress L-4033AW adds White ink
- Versatile Substrate Support: Prints on a range of standard, off-the-shelf materials including gloss, semi-gloss, matte, film, and clear, and metallic substrates
- Variable Web Width: Supports rolls from 3.15 to 13-inches wide up to 0.013-inches (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced Productivity: Time-consuming, short-run jobs can be transferred to SurePress for more flexibility and timely results at speeds up to 16 feet per minute
- Less Waste: No chemicals or plates are required in the pre-press process and less substrate and ink is used in make-ready for short-run jobs
The Epson SurePress L-4033A and L-4033AW are currently available and will be shown at PACK EXPO (booth # N3957) in Chicago from Oct. 28-31. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/surepress or contact Mark Elsbernd, North America region sales manager, Epson America, at 562-290-5244.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free