Unisource to Host 23rd Consecutive Chicago Paper Show
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
NORCROSS, GA – Unisource Worldwide, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, is hosting its annual Unisource Chicago Paper Show on Monday, November 5, 2012, at the historic Hilton Chicago Hotel, in downtown Chicago.
"This paper show is part of Unisource's distinct value proposition," said Andrew Dembitz, Director of Specification-Unisource/Chicago. "This unique event sets us apart from the competition and solidifies our strong commitment to the Chicago graphic arts community."
The Unisource Chicago Paper Show is the nation's largest graphic design event sponsored by a paper distributor. The well-established show – an exclusive, invitation-only event – attracts approximately 1,000 of the leading designers and commercial printers from around the Chicago area, which is one of the leading graphic arts markets in the U.S.
Historically, the Unisource Chicago Paper Show has featured an Academy Award-winning film, a working letterpress, the latest in paper making technology from leading mills, and the first photographer for Rolling Stone magazine.
"We've put together another exciting event for the design and print community this year, and we are garnering the power of social media to create buzz and drive interest for the show," said Dembitz. "Using the hashtag #papershow23, we are tweeting about the strong lineup of featured exhibits and our keynote presentation."
The 2012 Unisource Chicago Paper Show includes these featured exhibits and keynote presentation:
- Keynote Presentation – The story behind Domtar's award-winning ad campaign PAPERbecause. A presentation by Eric Mower + Associates.
- Chicago 50 Corporate Communications Show – Annual reports, corporate brochures and sustainability reports, representing 50 of Chicago's finest companies and institutions.
- Mohawk Show 12 – A celebration of higher thinking in graphic design that combines brilliant design, intelligent paper selection and superior production.
- Neenah Paper "Win a Classic" – An exhibit of the top 10 winners from the design competition, including the Chicago grand prize winner.
- Marwen's 25th Anniversary Exhibit – A display of Marwen's first quarter century artwork, photographs and material from its archives.
Marwen provides high-quality visual arts, education, college planning and career development programs – all free of charge – to Chicago's underserved youth in grades 6-12. Unisource has been a corporate sponsor of Marwen for more than 10 years, and supports them again by asking event attendees to donate their $10 admission to this art foundation. Over the years, Unisource has donated more than $100,000 to Marwen through the Unisource Chicago Paper Show.
- Charles Shotwell Photography exhibit – A special exhibit of Shotwell's personal work. Some of his images appear in the show's invitation. He will be signing a limited edition show poster.
The show also includes environmental exhibitions by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative Inc (SFI). Other exhibitors include Munro Campagna Artist Representatives and new exhibitors Pantone and AIGA Chicago.
The 2012 Unisource Chicago Paper Show is supported by the some of the world's leading paper mills: CTI Paper USA, Domtar Corporation, Finch Paper, French Paper, grupo Portucel Soporcel, MACtac, MeadWestvaco, Mohawk, Neenah Paper, NewPage, Reich Paper, Sappi Fine Paper, YUPO, and our newest mills; Xtreme Coated Cover and Scheufelen.
Those unable to attend the show can monitor the events via Unisource's social media channels. Continual updates will be posted on Twitter @Unisource_UWW (use the hashtag #papershow23). Photos from the event will be shared on Unisource's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/UnisourceWorldwide.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free