Ricoh Brings "Print & Beyond" to Graph Expo
Tuesday, October 09, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Attendees Will Experience Innovative Real-Life Applications Walking Through Ricoh's Main Street
CHICAGO (Graph Expo Booth #2600) – Ricoh, a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services, today announced the newest innovations that it will highlight at Graph Expo 2012, including cross-media services, short-run publishing solutions, production and wide-format printing, marketing services and new workflow offerings.
At the show, Ricoh will offer visitors an immersive "Main Street" experience that showcases the real-life implementations of its products and solutions for print and beyond, the company's commitment to bring the most innovative, profitable and forward-looking offerings to its customers. While strolling down Main Street, visitors can witness the depth and breadth of Ricoh's portfolio in action at a wide variety of storefronts including a bank, coffee shop, wallpaper boutique, photo shop, bookstore, university, movie theatre and country club.
New innovations to be showcased at the booth include:
- Must See 'Em Award-Winning Clickable Paper – On display in printed media throughout the storefronts of Main Street, this revolutionary cross-media service allows commercial printers, in-plant printers, and publishers to embed rich content directly in the text of any printed media, such as newspapers, magazines, direct mail, books, and brochures. Users can easily view online content by snapping an image of the printed surface with their smartphone.
- Ricoh Production High Volume Printers – Ricoh's selection of color production systems – the Ricoh Pro C901 and Ricoh Pro C651/C751 – will also be a highlight of the show, illustrating to commercial and in-house printers why the high image quality, versatility and in-line finishing options make them the ideal choice for the demanding array of print jobs that they have to handle.
- InfoPrint 5000 family of Color Continuous Form Inkjet Platforms – Ricoh's flagship InfoPrint 5000 family returns to Graph Expo with enhanced features, including faster speeds for more paper versatility, enhanced halftones for improved monochrome printing quality, a more productive "U" configuration option, and support for industry standards.
- Ricoh Pro L4000 – The next generation of large format inkjet technology for the graphic arts market features Ricoh's cutting-edge piezo-electric print heads and an aqueous ink that produces brilliant results while being environmentally-friendly. The L4000 is a powerful and flexible tool that can print on various substrates – a must for the demands of signage, point of purchase and indoor and outdoor display.
- TotalFlow Portfolio of Solutions – Ricoh has expanded its family of workflow offerings for print service providers, enterprise customers and publishers.
- The new TotalFlow Cadence for Publishing empowers book printers to maximize the precision and profitability of short runs with efficient, comprehensive management of the production process from start to finish.
- TotalFlow DocEnhancer – This streamlined solution provides mid-sized businesses with the functionality of the InfoPrint ProcessDirector at a fraction of the cost. Companies requiring a powerful datastream management solution for Adobe PDF datastreams will also be able to view the intuitive Ricoh ProcessDirector Express end-to-end solution.
- In addition to these new products, the other tried-and-trusted members of the TotalFlow line-up will be on display at the Ricoh booth, including ProcessDirector Express, TotalFlow MakeReady and TotalFlow PrintManager.
- 1to1Create Marketing Services – A new comprehensive solution that unites software, service and training in a ready-to-deploy package, optimized for customer-specific pain points and vertical-specific applications. At the Ricoh booth, visitors will be able to go hands-on with PSP Portal, a tool to create cross media campaigns customized for small and medium businesses.
- Continuous Improvement Program – This new program, powered by Ricoh Business Booster, provides Ricoh production printing customers with an objective, quantitative 360-degree review of their printing performance and yields a concrete plan to help significantly improving that performance.
As part of its ongoing commitment to lead the print industry in professional mastery and excellence, Ricoh is also announcing new certification and education initiatives:
Color Management Professionals (CMPs) Certification – Ricoh has certified its entire 80-person team of production printing solution engineers as CMPs – Master Level – to better help customers improve their printing performance. From the IDEAlliance association for digital media best practices, the certification complements Ricoh's G7 hardware certification and exemplifies the company's tradition of continuous, intensive education for the benefit of customers.
Cal Poly Digital Literacy Curriculum – Ricoh and Cal Poly debut Digital Literacy curriculum for franchise printers, commercial printers and secondary education students. The curriculum is part of Cal Poly's Expressive Technologies initiative to explore the intersection of creativity and technology, and continues Ricoh's commitment to helping customers, now and in the future, be the best they can be in the production printing industry.
At Graph Expo 2012, Ricoh's executives will also be sharing their expertise at co-located events at outside of the Ricoh booth. Mike Bryant, worldwide practice leader of strategy and marketing analytics at Ricoh, will present a session on data analytics titled, "One Algorithm Doesn't Fit All" at Xplor at Graph Expo. Sandra Zoratti, vice president of Marketing and Executive Briefings, will present a session on Precision Marketing titled, "The Marketer's Mandate: Get Relevant, Get Real or Get Lost" at the Graph Expo Marketing Theater.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free