SpotOn! Introduces New Verify Tool at Graph Expo
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Compares prints and proofs to G7 and ISO12647 or custom specifications to increase consistency and quality of the printing and proofing process
- SpotOn! Verify quickly identifies if proofs, press sheets, digital, grand format or other types of prints are within tolerance to G7, ISO, or custom specifications. Verify is an evaluation tool using the dynamic properties of true G7 math and is recognized by IDEAlliance as a G7 support tool;
- The new technology equips proof providers with a report showing the quality of their proofs, quickly identifies trouble spots, and provides sales forces with tools and reports to prove the quality of their printing;
- SpotOn! Verify has a valuable feature that allows the user to take paper color into consideration. Since paper can change the appearance of a printed piece, it is important to be able to modify the reference data to match the paper white so the numbers actually have value.
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows systems, SpotOn! Verify will be available at Graph Expo.
SpotOn! Press today announced SpotOn! Verify, a new software quality control tool for content creators, photographers, brand managers, proof providers and commercial, digital and grand format printers. The software provides users with a quick pass/fail verification of a proof's conformance to G7, ISO12647, or a custom specification. Upon completion of the analysis, SpotOn! Verify produces a printable sticker-sized report to attach to a proof, press sheet, or any other color reproduction to indicate the pass/fail condition of the sheet. SpotOn! Verify will be exhibited in the Color Management booth (#353) as a new product introduction at Graph Expo (Chicago, October 7-10). For more information, go to www.spotonpress.com.
The Value of SpotOn! Verify
SpotOn! Verify is both an internal quality control tool and external vendor or customer verification tool that indicates whether prints or proofs are being produced within specified tolerances. SpotOn! Verify can be used to evaluate any printing process where a test target can be printed and measured, and quickly identifies if a sheet is in or out of tolerance to a custom or industry reference. SpotOn! Verify also stores measurements in a database that can be filtered and searched, so recorded data can be recalled at a later date. It's compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
A valuable feature of SpotOn! Verify is the ability for a user to take paper color into consideration. Since paper can significantly change the appearance of a printed piece, it is important to be able to modify the reference data to match the paper white so the numbers actually have value. Ultimately it makes the data useful when printing on paper that does not meet the paper white of the Reference Print Condition (i.e. GRACoL or SWOP) data set.
"SpotOn! Verify will help those interested in improving printing consistency, increasing customer satisfaction, and differentiating their production quality from others in their market." notes SpotOn! Press President Bruce Bayne. "Verify easily identifies variations and changes in the printing process and if they are within specified tolerances to any reference including GRACoL or SWOP. Grand Format printers can track the consistency of their printing devices to a shop standard and Verify will help determine when it is time to recalibrate. Anyone providing proofs will also appreciate the ability to attach a passing proof sticker on each proof sent to customers. Sales staff will be confident they are providing their customers with the highest quality proofs. The result is reduced downtime (since calibration issues can be caught early), greater confidence in the production department, and a marketable quality difference."
Who will benefit from SpotOn! Verify?
- Content creators;
- Digital printers and copy centers;
- Prepress shops and retouching studios;
- Commercial offset printers (sheetfed and web);
- Flexo printers;
- Gravure printers;
- Silkscreen printers;
- Sign Shops;
- Grand format printers.
- Pricing and Availability
SpotOn! Verify is available from authorized resellers for a list price of $1495.00 and is a downloadable software. Come to booth #353 at Graph Expo to receive a special purchasing opportunity of SpotOn! Verify.
IDEAlliance recognizes SpotOn! as an official "G7 support tool".
Please note: G7 support tools do not guarantee G7 compliance in the IDEAlliance G7 Master or G7 Process Control Master Qualification programs. Declaration of G7 compliance is only confirmed and authorized by IDEAlliance through its sanctioned certifying bodies.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free