GraphExpo's G7 Summit Learning Labs Attendees Can Win a Free G7 and ISO Process Control Gap Analysis Audit with KEE Consultants and Alwan Color Expertise
US Delegates attending GraphExpo 2012 can ensure they meet G7 and ISO standards by entering a competition run by KEE Consultants and sponsored by Alwan. The two companies are continuing their efforts to help the printing industry understand and adopt G7 and ISO standards by giving American printers the chance to win a valuable gap analysis audit. The audit is designed to help them implement G7 and ISO in their printing processes.To participate in the draw, visitors can register by attending the G7 Summit Learning Labs and visiting Alwan booth 154.
G7 and ISO standards adoption has gained momentum in USA and worldwide. Following on from their successful 'Standardize to Survive' tour, KEE Consultants continue to pave the way for standards adoption and implementation by making available to the American industry the best expertise and the most efficient solutions, enabling American printers to quickly and cost effectively implement G7 and ISO standards.
To date, more than 100 sites worldwide have been G7 or ISO 12647 certified thanks to KEE Consultants services and Alwan standardization solutions.
Elie Khoury, founder and chair of KEE Consultants comments: "Graph Expo represents an excellent opportunity for KEE Consultants to offer the American industry state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise related to G7 and ISO conformance. This year we have chosen GraphExpo to release our "Printing Standards Toolkit" that includes:
- "Printing Standards Handbook" which explains all parameters, informative and normative requirements as well as the benefits of all print related standards: ISO, G7, ANSI CGATS and others...
- Available certifications such as G7, G7 PC, PSO (bvdm's Process Standard Offset) and PSA (RIT's Printing Standards Audit) are also explained.
- "Gap Analysis Audit" in its second version includes the most recent G7 Process Control requirements assessment.
- Printers that follow KEE's GAA receive a detailed report detailing what they need to do to comply with printing standards and a chosen body certification.
- "Printing Standards Implementation Guide": a step by step practical guide explaining how to comply to standards requirements and best practices in the different areas of the print workflow: Desktop applications, monitors, printers, proofers, RIP, CTP, digital printer, analog press etc. All settings are explained and sample Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols and Record Sheets are provided to help check and maintain quality with time.
Dave Hunter, Alwan's representative in North America and a renowned G7 and G7 PC expert adds: "G7, G7 PC program and PSA Certification are great opportunities for American printers to assess their production processes and ensure they meet international standards. Simple yet very efficient working practices and tools enable printers to not only match standards, but also to increase productivity and profit due to problem-free printing.
KEE Consultants and Alwan have played a key role in recent years promoting and implementing ISO 12647 worldwide. Their collective experience and success will undoubtedly benefit G7, PSA, and the American industry." concludes Dave Hunter.
Joe Fazzi, VP Print Media Production Technologies at IDEAlliance stated: "At IDEAlliance we want to see printers move to more industrial practices, use process control, quality assurance methods and standards for improve efficiency and consistency. These benefits include reduced cycle time and greater profitability for both printer and customer.
KEE Consultants - a member of IDEAlliance - is offering printers and G7 experts effective information to make G7 and G7 Process Control implementations easier and faster.
We applaude this initiative and encourage KEE's "Printing Standards Toolkit" to become known to the American graphics industry".
About KEE Consultants Free Gap Analysis Audit
GraphExpo 2012 GAA audit prize is conducted by KEE Consultants and sponsored by Alwan Color Expertise.
Any G7 Summit attendee and visitor of Alwan booth 154 can participate to the draw by leaving his business card on Alwan booth.
The audit comprises a comprehensive online questionnaire and a set of forms that the printer will color manage, proof and print according to provided guidelines.
The audit covers all production areas of the business and will be concluded with a detailed report and recommendations advising on the systems and practices that need to be improved or implemented to achieve conformity:
- Destkop publishing
- Color management
- PDF generation
- PDF reception and preflighting
- Proof production
- RIP settings
- Print production
- Viewing conditions
- Measuring devices
- Staff training and knowledge
- Records and documentation