Dynamic and versatile Variable Sleeve Offset Printing Press (VSOP) technology on display at Pack Expo International
Muller Martini to showcase the press's unique changeover capability
Packaging industry decision-makers will be in full force in Chicago from October 28-31 at Pack Expo. This is the largest edition of the show since 2002, with a record 1,800+ exhibitors on hand displaying the latest in packaging and processing innovation.
Among them will be Muller Martini's Web Press Technology Division, who will be available in Booth # N-4775 to talk with visitors about Muller's full line of web offset presses, including the new generation VSOP press. Developed for printing labels, flexible packaging, and folding carton products, Muller's VSOP web offset printing press features an impressive list of functionality and operational advancements, including:
- New ergonomic construction, allowing for easier machine access for sleeve changes and daily operation
- Innovative electronic control technology, utilizing fewer components for greater machine reliability
- Efficient external roller setting feature reduces the initial and operational roller setting time by half
- Optimized ink train design delivers consistently reproducible ink settings
- Modular design philosophy enables flexible machine configurations for a wide range of hybrid packaging printing applications
Muller's booth will feature a VSOP 850 (33 1/2") wide print tower, which has been modified with a see-through doorway, allowing booth visitors a unique perspective to the VSOP's patented changeover technology. The demonstration reveals how fast and easy it is to change the sleeves in order to accommodate a new printing job.
Beyond offset print quality, Muller presses also provide in-line finishing in a single operation, which incorporates die cutting, hole punching, perforating, sheeting, folding and stacking. Whether it is traditional printed pieces, labels, films, foils, laminates, carton printing, or other flexible and liquid packaging products, these products can be manufactured on Muller Martini web presses. At Pack Expo, customers can learn about Muller's complete line-up of web offset presses, including:
- Alprinta. This press has been developed for the production of flexible packaging and labels, as well as high-quality commercial work and direct mail.
- Alprinta V. Capable of producing virtually any print length, the Alprinta V is exceptionally well-suited for the production of flexible packaging and labels.
- Concepta. This press offers superior print quality, convenient operation, and easy access, and can produce even the smallest job cost-effectively.
Pack Expo runs from October 28-31 and will be held at McCormick Place in Chicago. Muller Martini will be in Booth # N-4775 in North Upper Hall.