- Free seminar on Tuesday, October 9 is open to the public
- Attendees will hear from top developers, publishers, and experts
- Details about new GWG2012 specifications will be discussed
The Ghent Workgroup (GWG) this year celebrates its 10th anniversary! In celebration, the group extends a special invitation to printers, publishers, packaging professionals, and designers to attend a free seminar at Graph Expo in Chicago on Tuesday, October 9, from 1 – 4 pm, in Room W192b. Attendees will hear from top developers, publishers, and experts about brand new GWG2012 specifications and more. A special cake-cutting ceremony will take place at the meeting. RSVPs are required.
"So much has been accomplished in these 10 years," says David Zwang, GWG Chairman. "We are thrilled with the momentum and progress our organization has made.
"This Graph Expo event will indeed be a special one, between the new specifications, always-popular presentations about the advancements we've made on so many publishing fronts, and – of course – the cake. Who doesn't love cake?!"
New GWG2012 specifications
In the world of the Ghent Workgroup, a specification is a set of guidelines to which a file should conform. A practical example of a guideline could be the color spaces allowed in a PDF file, or the image resolution required for images in a particular type of workflow.
The new GWG2012 specifications were developed to:
- address requests from the users of the v4 specification
- adapt to technology and software changes in the industry
- embrace the ISO PDF/X-4 standard, allowing for necessary transparency
Elli Cloots, GWG Vice Chair, says, "The GWG2012 specifications were created in large part as a response to specific user requests. For example, the newspaper printing industry asked for a check for single image pages, more detailed checking on small black or white objects, such as text and lines, in-depth ink coverage checking, etc."
Cloots continues that the GWG constantly adapts specifications to the many changes in the market, like allowing transparency, but restricting the cases to combinations that work.
For more details about the new GWG2012 specifications, visit: http://www.gwg.org/GWG_2012_Version.phtml.
GWG Graph Expo Seminar
The GWG Graph Expo meeting will be held at McCormick Place during the show, on October 9 at 1 pm, in Room W192b in the West Building, Level 1. RSVPs are required. Seminar topics to be covered at the Graph Expo meeting include, but are not limited to:
- GWG specs: What they are and why you need them
- All about GWG Packaging Specs
- Specs and the demanding requirements of On Demand production
- How to use GWG tools for testing & ensuring workflows
- The role of PDF & GWG in cross media publishing & production
- And more…
Further details, including presenters and timing, will be forthcoming.
Limited seating – RSVP required
To RSVP for this special event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. Please note that seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- Full name
- Company name
- Email address
- Subject Line: I will attend the Graph Expo GWG seminar
A confirmation email will be sent for receipt.
For more information about the GWG, please visit: www.gwg.org.