Upgraded to First Class: Intec PS PRO RIP
Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Better quality and an enhanced user experience.
It sounds like a first class airline upgrade but those are also the two key functions of the new Intec PS PRO RIP. That is according to Kerry Button, the globe-trotting International Sales Director at Intec Printing Solutions Limited. He is no stranger to economy flying but has been lucky enough to receive an upgrade on a couple of occasions.
“A standard Intec printer has an internal Adobe RIP (Raster Image Processor) but it has a finite level of functionality,” he says. “The Intec PS PRO RIP on the other hand has almost unlimited levels of functionality, allowing for colour customisation, ultimately boosting the quality of the final print job while also delivering a better user experience.”Printing devices speak Raster and graphic design applications speak PostScript. A RIP acts as a translator, converting files from one language to another. The appropriately configured PS PRO RIP acts as an almost cast iron guarantee that a perfect print job will be produced on any well maintained Intec.
Mr Button adds: “Already Peter Fischer from Pefi, the Intec partner in Germany, has attended our two-day training course. It’s important that all our partners attend so that they can fully understand how to operate, configure and teach this new software to their end users.”
The Intec PS PRO RIP is available from Monday, September 3 and all Intec partners are invited for training to familiarise themselves with this new software solution.
Intec MD Ian Melville, says: “As is the way with all our offerings, we are forever seeking to improve our product line.
“Following on from the success of the Intec PRO RIP we have added more features and so have striven to find a high quality Harlequin RIP that we are happy to put our name to. We worked with Global Graphics, which has produced a cutting edge industry leading RIP and Workflow for Intec that truly does get the best from our range of printers thanks to new languages, features and full imposition. New and used systems alike can be upgraded to PS PRO RIP.”
With the introduction of the new PS PRO RIP, Intec’s top-ofthe-range PRO systems have been upgraded to PS PRO.
“The top-end models armed with their new features, new languages and imposition are now even better placed to meet the rigorous demands of end users,” concludes Intec’s Head of Marketing and PR, Terri Winstanley.
Standard features of the new Intec PS PRO RIP include:
• Multiple language support: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Chinese
• Adobe PostScript Language Level 3 compatible
• Enhanced colour management system
• Improved colour accuracy for driving digital presses
• Job coverage percentage indicator
• Native support for PDF 1.7 (native support for PDF 1.0, through to PDF 1.6), also PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and PDF/X- 4
• XPS v.1.0 (XML Paper Specification, the print and document format, available with Windows Vista)
• Print from Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion)
• Fully supports HD photo when embedded in an XPS document, TIFF, JPEG and GIF file format
• In-RIP font emulation and composite font support
• High performance, simultaneous RIP and print
• Supports multiple input channels - NT Print, NT Pipe, Spool folder, Socket TCP/IP and Serial port
• Multiple screening options
• Improved multi-threaded rendering for new Duo and Quad Core Technologies
• Now processes both PDF and PostScript natively
• Ability to install and manage calibration curves within the RIP
• Added support for PDF/X-4p:2008, PDF/X-4:2010, PDF/X-4p:2010, PDF/X-5g, PDF/X-5pg
• Full support for Pantone Plus library
• Improved support for PDFs using live transparency
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free