Muller Martini's VSOP on Display at Label Expo
Thursday, August 30, 2012
From September 11-13, Muller Martini will be in Chicago at Label Expo Americas to showcase its innovative Variable Sleeve Offset Printing press (VSOP), which provides a one-stop solution for a variety of packaging needs, including shrink sleeves, wet-glue, wrap-around and in-mold labels; films, laminates and food packaging; liquid packaging; and carton printing.
The VSOP features a unique sleeve technology which allows print sizes to be changed without having to remove entire inserts, making the process quick, simple, and highly efficient considering the infinite variety of print lengths inherent in packaging. In addition, the press delivers the first-class printing quality needed to meet the demanding requirements of the packaging market.
Muller’s new generation VSOP features an impressive list of functionality and operational advancements, including:
- New ergonomic construction, allowing for easier machine access for sleeve changes and daily operation
- Innovative electronic control technology utilizing fewer components for greater machine reliability
- Efficient external roller setting feature reduces the initial and operational roller setting time by half
- Optimized ink train design delivers consistently reproducible ink settings
- Modular design philosophy enables flexible machine configurations for a wide range of hybrid packaging printing applications
At Label Expo Americas, Muller Martini’s booth will display a VSOP print tower which has been modified with a see-through doorway. This provides booth visitors a unique perspective to the VSOP’s changeover technology. The demonstration reveals how easy and fast it is to change the sleeves and begin a new job.
The VSOP’s flexibility and proficiency make it the most dynamic web press technology available in today’s packaging market, affording numerous opportunities for label, flexible packaging, folding carton, and packaging printers to grow their business.
Label Expo Americas takes place September 11-13 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago). Muller Martini will be at Booth #820.