Epson Announces New SurePress L-4033AW
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Building on the success of the original SurePress L-4033A, Epson America today announced the SurePress L-4033AW – a seven-color inkjet digital label press with White ink that makes high-quality, short-run label printing easier and more efficient, even on clear and metallic substrates. Delivering exceptional print quality and accurate color reproduction on a wide variety of standard label substrates, the L-4033AW enables label converters and commercial printers to expand their service offering and improve profitability.
The SurePress L-4033AW leverages EPSON SurePress AQ seven color ink technology with new White ink, which can be printed first or last, for solid, opaque white printing on materials such as clear film and metallic substrates. To deliver precise color matching and accurate reproduction of spot and specialty colors, EPSON SurePress AQ ink set also includes Green and Orange inks for higher saturation and true-to-life shades for more eye-catching labels. In addition, SurePress leverages Epson’s original MicroPiezo ink jet technology delivering accurate dot shape and placement for high-end color quality and sharp detail, critical for barcodes and small text.
“The L-4033AW is engineered to boost the profits of label converters and commercial printers around the globe,” said Mark Elsbernd, North American region sales manager, Epson America. “With its new White ink and short-run capabilities, the L-4033AW greatly expands the ability of customers to print transparent ‘no-label look’ labels, as well as metallic-type labels frequently used in the cosmetic and health and beauty markets. This new product also streamlines production processes like never before – it’s quick and easy to set-up with no plates or films to prepare, and maximizes efficiency with automated print head maintenance and hot-swappable ink cartridges, eliminating the need to halt production to change cartridges during a job.”
More about SurePress
- High Quality Labels: Epson’s acclaimed MicroPiezo ink jet technology with variable-size droplets as small as three picoliters provides ultra-precise drop formation and placement to deliver smooth gradations, remarkable color quality, and sharp detail for easy bar code readability, plus crisp small type and line work
- Industrial Quality Inks: Seven-color (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, Green, and White), durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion and reproduce a wide range of colors
- Versatile Substrate Support: Prints on a range of standard, off-the-shelf materials including gloss, semi-gloss, matte, film, and clear and metallic substrates
- Variable Web Width: Supports rolls from 3.15 to 13-inches wide up to 0.013-inches (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced Productivity: Time-consuming, short-run jobs can be transferred to SurePress for more flexibility and timely results at speeds up to 16 feet per minute
- Less Waste: No chemicals or plates are required in the pre-press process and less substrate and ink is used in make-ready for short-run jobs
The Epson SurePress L-4033AW will be shown at drupa 2012 from May 3-16 in Düsseldorf, Germany (booth #A01-1/A01-2 in Hall 5) and will be available in late 2012. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/surepress.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved