Log In | Become a Member | Contact Us

Market Intelligence for Printing and Publishing

Connect on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Featured:     M&A Trends     Production Inkjet     Installations and Placements Tracker

Printers Find Filling Capacity With Government Print Jobs Profitable

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Press release from the issuing company

CHAMBERSBURG, PA (September 03, 2008) – Government Print Management has been formed as a business offering of e-LYNXX Corporation to work with print suppliers to gain U. S. Government Printing Office (GPO) and other government work. Based on more than 30 years of experience, Government Print Management obtains print job bid opportunities from the GPO and thousands of state and local sources to identify those jobs that fit the unique equipment and production requirements of its clients.

“Government Print Management provides print suppliers with much more than a list of government bid opportunities.  We represent more than 250 commercial print, direct mail and print marketing suppliers, including four of the top five suppliers to the GPO.  By setting Government Print Management apart from our other businesses, we can provide our customers with even better service,” said William Gindlesperger, founder, chairman and chief executive officer of e-LYNXX. “We help printers win government contracts through a program tailored to each of our client’s sales and revenue requirements. Through our full-service offering, we assist the printer by accurately targeting more revenue, ensuring the printer submits the best competitive bid possible, and then supporting the printer through job completion.”

Each of its print supplier clients provides Government Print Management with information about the jobs that should be sent to it, based on the supplier’s unique capabilities and sales goals. Government Print Management, in turn, uses an exclusive system for obtaining, categorizing and disseminating to clients all available GPO bid opportunities, amendments, bid results, histories, reports and GPO financial information. State and local jobs up for bid also are included.

Using proprietary information data bases covering print job histories, competitor and marketplace information, and the resulting ability to project target pricing, Government Print Management can assist clients with pricing analysis and preparing successful submission packages. Other services that distinguish Government Print Management from government or GPO bid services are its invoicing and collections assistance, negotiation and legal consultation services and direct representation to government entities.

To maximize profits on government print jobs, Government Print Management encourages its clients to utilize open equipment capacity to fill what would otherwise be idle time. “Our approach benefits the printer’s bottom line when the printer is willing to bid on work that conveniently fills otherwise unused production time,” Gindlesperger explained.

The average printer uses about 70 percent of its print press capacity with the remaining 30 percent available for other business. When bidding on work to fill production capacity, a printer has the flexibility to bid low without setting client expectations for future pricing.  The value added from lower-priced work contributes totally to the bottom line since it does not displace already scheduled jobs. Typically, a printer can improve its bottom line by 10 points or more by filling unused press capacity with jobs that are reduced in price.

Government Print Management‘s sophisticated communications and project management capabilities are built on a powerful information technology platform developed by e-LYNXX Corporation.




Email Icon Email

Print Icon Print

Become a Member

Join the thousands of printing executives who are already part of the WhatTheyThink Community.

Copyright © 2019 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved