KBA Launches New Rapida 145 57"
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
KBA North America announces that it will launch its new large-format entry: the Rapida 145 57-inch sheetfed press at Drupa 2012 scheduled for May 3-16 in Düsseldorf, Germany. KBA, which is describing this year’s exhibition theme as “Sprinting Ahead”, has booked a large 37,700ft² stand in Hall 16, Stand C47 as the showcase for its many new developments for sheetfed, digital and web offset printers including daily demonstrations of the Rapida 145 press.
As the established market leader in large format presses, KBA has chosen Drupa as a fitting occasion to redefine and elevate the benchmarks for offset printing in large format. The latest generation of large-format Rapida press models is to celebrate its official market premiere in the form of a plinth-mounted six-color Rapida 145 with new coater, triple-length extended delivery and automated pile logistics. In addition, the Rapida 145 is equipped with these impressive features:
- Maximum production speed of 17,000sph in straight printing with the high-speed package
- 15,000sph in perfecting mode with the new three-drum perfecting unit
- DriveTronic SIS sidelay-free infeed and DriveTronic SPC direct drives for fast, simultaneous plate changing
- CleanTronic Synchro system (two washing beams) for simultaneous washing of ink rollers, blankets and impression cylinders parallel to plate changing,
- CleanTronic ReInk, a new system for extremely fast inking unit washing
- New coater with simultaneous coating form changing (DriveTronic SFC)
- Fast, one-man replacement of the exchangeable anilox roller sleeves (AniSleeve)
- New AirTronic delivery with high-level Venturi sheet guiding
- Dynamic sheet brake
- Console-based preset capabilities
- New HighFlow Chamber blade chamber for the coating system
- New ErgoTronic console with wall screen, picture-in-picture function and integrated color measurement and control system (QualiTronic ColorControl) for quality monitoring
- QualiTronic ICR inline register control
- QualiTronic PDF provides an inline comparison between the print result and the original PDF file
- Energy-saving KBA VariDryBLUE dryers
KBA North America is located in Dallas, Texas and a member of the KBA Group. Established almost 200 years ago in Wuerzburg, Germany, Koenig & Bauer AG (KBA) is the oldest and second largest press manufacturer worldwide. KBA's banner, 'People & Print', reflects its dual focus as a leading innovator for print entrepreneurs. The group's product range is the broadest in the industry; its portfolio includes commercial and newspaper web presses, sheetfed offset presses in all format classes, inkjet systems and presses, special presses for banknotes, securities, metal-decorating, smart cards and discs. For more information visit the company's web site at www.kba.com.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free