Unisource and WhatTheyThink to Present Fourth Annual Environmental Innovation Awards
Friday, March 23, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
For the fourth consecutive year, Unisource Worldwide, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in the United States and a global provider of customer solutions, has partnered with WhatTheyThink – the leading news and information site for the graphic communications industry – to present the Environmental Innovation Awards to be announced on April 23, 2012 – the day after Earth Day. Sponsors of this year’s awards include Boise Inc., Burgo Group, Domtar Paper Company, MeadWestvaco, Neenah Paper Inc. and NewPage Corporation.
The Environmental Innovation Awards have become a tradition in recognizing companies that are making real and concrete contributions towards innovation, implementation, and communication of environmental solutions,” said Ed Farley, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications for Unisource Worldwide. “Earth Day is an especially appropriate time to distinguish these environmentally progressive companies that are delivering truly cutting-edge industry-inspiring solutions,” he said.
Five awards will be presented to industry leaders who have developed environmental solutions within the design, production, and delivery value chain for printed graphic communications. The categories include:
- Environmental Sustainability and Your Community recognizes a company that is involved in an environmentally progressive community program such as initiatives for charitable organizations, internal programs such as alternative transportation for staff, and other “outreach” that supports both the environment and the community.
- Environmental Sustainability and Your Plant recognizes a company that is “walking the talk” in their own plant; for example, incorporating lean/green manufacturing, unique lighting or ventilation, a white roof, etc.
- Environmental Sustainability and Your Processes recognizes a company that has implemented environmentally sensitive processes incorporating inks, papers, consumables, waste management, or recycling in new and different ways.
- Beyond Environmental Sustainability recognizes a leading-edge solution or initiative involving unique creativity; for example, a biodiesel “still” to create alternative power sources or installation of wind or solar power.
- Thought Leader – Overall Best of Class – recognizes a company that best represents the “new green graphic arts company” among all applicants. The recipient will be a truly innovative, disruptively-creative company.
The Environmental Innovation Awards are offered to any graphic communications service provider located in North America, regardless of size and printing process; in recognition that innovative ideas are
not constrained by company size or process. The awards are intended to provoke, encourage and celebrate creative thinking and innovative solutions.
The entry deadline for the Environmental Innovation Awards has been extended to 5 p.m. EST Friday, April 6, 2012 and all entries must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Organizations may submit applications in more than one category; however, a separate application must be submitted for each category for consideration (The Thought Leader – Overall Best in Class – will be selected by the judges based on all companies who apply; no application is necessary for this award).
For more details on the Fourth Annual WhatTheyThink Environmental Innovation Awards or to download an application form, please visit: http://whattheythink.com/environmental-award/index.cfm.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free