Roland DG Introduces the Metaza MPX-90M
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Roland DG, a leading worldwide provider of 3D milling, engraving and direct part marking technologies has introduced the new Metaza MPX-90M, a desktop impact printer designed to permanently mark UDI (Unique Device Identification) barcodes on medical instruments for tracking and traceability. Incorporating 30 years of Roland’s proven technology, the MPX-90M quickly creates two-dimensional (2D) DataMatrix barcodes that meet GS1*1 standards, and imprints them on the surface of medical instruments with high speed and precision. MPX-90M barcodes can be read with commercially available barcode scanners*2 to trace and track the usage of medical instruments throughout their lifecycle.
“Impending legislation will require medical professionals to reliably track and trace their surgical tools and equipment as a way to protect the safety of their patients. Roland’s MPX-90M impact printer will be a cost-effective, precise and easy way to ensure compliance.” said Andrew Dudley, Roland DG’s 3D and Consumer Business Manager. “The new MPX-90M has been exclusively designed for this application, creating lasting 2D DataMatrix barcodes as small as one square millimeter, along with serial numbers, logos and other information on tools such as scalpels, tweezers and forceps.”
The MPX-90M imprints data on a wide variety of materials*3 without generating any odour or debris. Because it does not burn or remove materials, marked surfaces remain protected from corrosion. With the MPX-90M, no special training is required. The included vice makes it easy to secure an item and a built-in laser pointer pinpoints the exact area to be marked. Its compact footprint and energy efficiency make the MPX-90M ideal for small clinical and office settings, as well as medical-instrument manufacturers and suppliers.
Metaza MPX-90M Features
* Durable diamond-tipped stylus directly imprints on titanium, stainless steel and other hard metals*3
- Quickly imprints 26 digits of information inside an area as small as one square millimeter
* Clean, high-speed precision marking does not burn or remove material on impact
- Operation is free of odours and debris
- Marked area will not rust
* Includes GS1 standard 2D DataMatrix barcode software
- Imports CSV files for variable data printing which allows for serialisation of barcodes
- Imprints logos, text and graphics in jpg or bmp file formats to incorporate branding elements and other customized data
* Easy to setup and use, with no special training or daily maintenance required
* Compact footprint and energy efficient design make it ideal for small clinical and office settings, as well as medical instrument manufacturers and suppliers
* Safe to use, with a fully enclosed, class 1 laser
Included MetazaStudio Software Generates UDI Numbers
The MPX-90M comes with MetazaStudio software, which includes a 2D DataMatrix barcode feature. To create a unique barcode, simply select the barcode icon from the software’s main screen and enter the appropriate UDI numbers. The software does the rest, creating a 2D DataMatrix barcode that can be output on the MPX-90M. MetazaStudio also imports CSV files for variable data printing to add 2D DataMatrix barcodes with a series of numbers and text. MetazaStudio also imprints logos and graphics in jpg, bmp or Adobe Illustrator 8 (ai/eps) file formats to incorporate branding elements.
Further information can be found at www.rolanddg.co.uk or by calling 0845 230 90 60.
*1 GS1 is an international not-for-profit association with member organisations in over 100 countries, dedicated to the design and implementation of global standards to improve the efficiency and visibility globally and across sectors.
*2 Computer and barcode scanner required for a complete UDI system.
*3 Vickers hardness (HV) of the surface to be imprinted must not exceed 200.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved