Xplor International’s “Lunch and Learn” Webinar Returns
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Xplor International, the worldwide electronic document systems association, today announced the return of their monthly “Lunch and Learn” webinar series. The complimentary webinars will run from March through October 2012 and are held the third Thursday of each month at 1:00 pm EST. The informal panel format, lead by industry veteran, Pat McGrew, M-EDP, CMP, will cover a host of subjects related to the electronic document industry including QR codes, AFP, design, multi-channel delivery and more.
“Now in its fourth year, Xplor’s Lunch and Learn complimentary webinar series has been very successful well attended and an excellent vehicle for vendors and end-users to interact in an online educational forum,” says Skip Henk, EDP, President and CEO of Xplor International. “We are excited to resume the series of one hour events and grateful to those that volunteer their time to participate and freely share their knowledge and experiences in the spirit of Xplor.”
· March 15: Xplor 2012 Conference and Vendor Forum Preview, Making It Relevant. Come find out from the track chairs why this will be the best education event in the industry and what makes their track the one you should be attending. We have the best and brightest. Come spend an hour with us and you won’t be able to wait to get to Xplor’s Conference and Vendor Forum, 2012 – Making it Relevant.
· April 19: More QR/AR fun. Last year’s QR Codes Lunch & Learn ran over time by half an hour and we knew we had to come back and revisit. We’ll be sharing what’s new, tools and the best ways to integrate QR Codes and Augmented Reality into your customer communications plans!
· May 17: Back to Basics – AFP, PDF and Transforms! No matter how much you work with AFP. PDF, metacode, PCL and the other print languages of the business world, there is always more to learn and a lot to share. In this edition of the Lunch & Learn’s we’ll talk about what’s new in AFP (yes, there are still updates!), and what’s new in PDF. It’s always lively when talk turns to print streams and transforms!
· June 21: Technology Basics: Designing for Print and Pixel. Last year’s design webinar resulted in a record turnout, so it’s back. Come hear from design professionals as they help us understand how technology impacts your selection of fonts, colors and design techniques. We’ll take questions in advance.
· July 19: Back to Basics – Workflow (More than just a controller!) When we say “workflow” what do you think of? For some it’s Automated Document Factory, for some it’s the Digital Front End and for still others it’s everything from job creation to insertion into the mail stream. No matter where you are in the mix, we’ll be talking about something that will be relevant to you!
· August 16: Educating your Team: What do they need to know and how do you educate them? Each year new people come in to the industry and often they have a limited understanding of creating work that will go in to the mail stream, delivered via secure email or digital post services. In this webinar we’ll talk about the basic needs for education and what type of mentoring plan can work to ensure that your team up-to-date and on board with technology changes!
· September 20: Multi-channel Delivery Alternatives – What should you be thinking about? digital mail boxes, augmented reality, intelligent/smart print, email, web services, SMS and a host of other technologies are available to deliver information to our customers. We’re gathering experts to help sort out the options and help point you to where the best practices are emerging today.
· October 18: Fall Wrap Up: What’s New, What’s Emerging. It’s a drupa year, and that always means announcements that get us thinking about the future. For this wrap up we’ll look at the most interesting announcements of the year and talk about how they impact the world that Xplorers live in.
The Lunch and Learn webinars are being produced by the Xplor Document University, the educational arm of Xplor International, the webinars are complimentary and open to anyone interested in participating. For more information visit www.xplor.org.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved