Crawford Technologies Hosts Business Document Accessibility Webinar
Friday, January 27, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Crawford Technologies invites you to join us for an educational webinar explaining what you need to know about document accessibility and regulatory compliance.
This webinar, along with our guest panelist Wendy Lockyer from Accessibil-IT, will help you learn about the regulatory requirements that affect both your business image, your customers’ satisfaction and how to get compliant with the current legislation.
This educational discussion will include:
- An overview of the legislation in place:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Accessibility for Ontarians
with Disability Act (AODA) – passed into law July 1, 2011
- Section 255 of the Telecommunications Act – Access for People with Disabilities
- Penalties for non-regulatory compliance.
- The many types of alternate formats for printed material accessibility, such as monthly statements, invoices, or static content documents required by your customers.
- How many print/visually impaired clients do I likely have today, and how do I meet their needs?
- Web versus print accessibility and the pitfalls you should avoid.
As a partner with Crawford Technologies, Accessibil-IT will bring their extensive knowledge of web accessibility and accessible PDF considerations to the conversation. Whether you are in the beginning stages of an accessibility initiative or working on a current strategy, we will address considerations you might not have thought of or are still looking for a solution to close the gap.
Crawford Technologies will discuss accessibility approaches to make your customer communications, such as bills and statements, accessible. We will also provide updates on the latest accessibility standards and demographics.
This must-attend event will give you the information you need to make strategic decisions for how your organization will handle disabled or impaired customer requests for alternative formats.
Have questions? Send them ahead of time to email@example.com with Business Document Accessibility Webinar in the subject line. We will be sure to cover these questions at the end of the webinar and take additional ones too.
Webinar Date and Times:
Please join us at your convenience for either of the two webinar times below. Space is limted.
February 15, 2012 – 10 a.m. EST
February 15, 2012 – 4 p.m. EST
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free