PrintCity Alliance plans for drupa 2012
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
PrintCity Alliance members & partners announce their plans for drupa 2012, offering visitors access to their connection of competence knowledge sharing and industry leading hot topics.
PrintCity Members & Partners at drupa
Industry leading businesses with specialist knowledge across conventional and digital web & sheetfed printing, packaging and publishing will be active within PrintCity at drupa:
- PrintCity Members at drupa 2012 are Baumüller, Cofely, Eltosch, Kurz, manroland, Megtec, Merck, M-real, Océ, Procemex, Sappi, Sun Chemical, Tolerans, Trelleborg, UPM, Weilburger Graphics and Westland
- PrintCity Partners offering technology, market reach and other benefits include Metrics (Brazil), PEFC, Sonoco Alcore and Finest Fog
PrintCity Hot Topic Attractions at drupa
Our PrintCity theme for drupa is: PRINT: SEEN! LEAN & GREEN. Under this headline, our alliance drupa ‘hot topic’ visitor attractions are located close to each other in the centre of Hall 6, surrounded by our members & partners in a shared networking environment:
- Digital & Offset Printing – The best of both worlds
- Tune-Up Your Web Press – Extending web printing performance
- Value Added Printing & Packaging – Emotional experiences and new functionalities
In addition visitors will find a special information area for Lean & Green Opportunities – Improving economic & environmental performance.
Benefits from visiting PrintCity at drupa
The PrintCity Alliance is 14 years ‘young’ at drupa 2012 and offers a ‘must see’ opportunity to access latest knowledge in economic, environmental and cross-process best practice:
- Nowhere else at drupa can you meet such a range of companies, already working together, sharing their knowledge. Discuss your needs with any one company, or all
- Their drupa focus is on the hottest subjects in our industry – digital/offset printing, web printing performance, value added printing benefits and environmental best practice
- Special hot topic display areas will highlight latest capabilities, business benefits and best practice opportunities. Visitors will benefit from direct access to some of the world’s leading experts in these fields during drupa
International Environmental Conference – drupa – May 10, 2012
Speakers for the International Environmental Conference on Thursday, May 10, 2012, from 09:00-15:00 in the drupa Congress Centre will include: Benoit Moreau, Imprim Vert / UNIC / Climate Calculation Consortium, Eduardo Costa, ABRO Brazil and John Sanderson, UPM/PrintCity.
Organised jointly by the World Print & Communication Forum (WPCF) and PrintCity, the conference costs only 175 € plus tax per person. It offers a unique opportunity during drupa to learn about the business benefits from lean manufacturing techniques and environmental best practice. Places can be reserved now at http://amiando.com/LEAN_GREEN
New PrintCity Blogs Launched
As part of our pre-drupa plans to increase interactivity with fair visitors using electronic media as well as print media, we have launched two new Blogs:
- What Ever You Wanted to Know About Print – industry FAQs, process knowledge and far more at http://www.printcity.de/knowledge
- We Love Print – what are the most important reasons to love print & packaging and encourage their use at http://www.printcity.de/loveprint
Drupa visitors can help us find out why print is loved around the world by completing a short research survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Why_We_Love_Print
Further information on PrintCity Alliance plans for drupa will be released over coming months.