Xitron Announces Navigator Workflow 5
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Incorporates Harlequin v9 RIP core technology;
Support for virtually any Windows printer;
Windows 7 Support
Ann Arbor, Michigan – Xitron, a leading developer of open prepress workflow systems, announced the release of Navigator Workflow 5 based on the Harlequin RIP version 9. Navigator v9 with Navigator Workflow 5 brings the most advanced Harlequin RIP core technology and workflow together to automate and improve productivity for any prepress department.
Navigator Workflow 5 incorporates new productivity enhancing features including:
- Ripped content proofs to any Windows print driver
- Integrated media savings
- ROOM Proof PDF Export
- Automated database backup
The Navigator v9 Harlequin RIP provides:
- Support for Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
- Increased optimization for PDFs with transparencies
- Extended PDF/X support
- Support for the Pantone Plus library
- Enhanced resolution support for the HXM hybrid screening option
- 64-bit Windows drivers for Xitron USB interfaces
- Simple out-of-the-box color accuracy for Gracol, SWOP and Fogra printing conditions with Epson and Canon proofers and graphic arts printers
- Interfaces for more than 250 output devices including proofers, CtP systems, inkjet, direct imaging presses, and production printers
"Xitron is committed to ongoing development to meet the demands of our prepress workflow customers," stated Mark Eisenschenk, Xitron's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The Navigator Workflow for Harlequin RIP users has become one of the most popular workflows with thousands of installations worldwide."
Navigator Elite Workflow is the premier workflow in the widely acclaimed Navigator workflow family. Navigator Elite Workflow includes extensive user-requested capabilities including:
- User controllable job management and ticketing capabilities
- Integrated soft proofing
- Output device control and feedback at operator workstations
- PDF Creation and Preflighting
- Ink Remapping
- Imposition Integration with Dynagram inpO2
- Scriptable Hot Folders
- TIFF Job Grouping
- Press Ink Key Calculation with KeySetter Option
An exceptional tool for job tracking, load balancing, PDF creation, preflighting and automated job preparation; Navigator Elite Workflow includes features and capabilities that further increase the productivity of the prepress department.
- Ink Remapping allows the user to easily re-assign inks to specific plates, ensuring the proper numbers of plates are created for each job.
- Imposition Integrator stores impositions within the workflow alongside single-page files, preflight reports, proofs, and plate files. The Imposition Integrator was initially developed to work with Dynagram's inpO2, but will work with other imposition solutions as well.
- Scriptable Hot Folders allow users to define the workflow to fit their needs, customizing the way Navigator GPS Elite routes incoming jobs.
- KeySetter ink key presetting option communicated with press consoles for Heidelberg, KBA, manroland, Mitsubishi and Shinohara saving up to 20-50% on make-ready time and materials.
- Xitron offers Navigator Elite Workflow as both a software package and an all inclusive workflow bundle including software, computer platform, onsite installation, training and a one-year Xitron Software Support Agreement in North America. Outside North America, Xitron dealers and distributors offer similarly configured solutions.
Shipments of the latest Navigator workflow will begin in Q4-2011. To schedule an on-line demonstration or obtain more information about Xitron products visit www.xitron.com or contact a Xitron distributor or dealer worldwide.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free