Xerox Adds Two Digital Print Systems to Color Portfolio
Friday, September 09, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Xerox Enriches Digital Color Systems with Advanced Color Management, New Finishing and Heavyweight Stock Options
ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Xerox Corporation has added two new digital print systems to its industry-leading color portfolio – bringing sophisticated color management technology to more than just high-speed devices.
The company also expanded the functionality of a popular light-production model, the Xerox Color 550/560 Printer. The advancements give print providers new ways to boost productivity and deliver top-notch color print quality – whether they're entering the digital color business or already in it.
New digital systems broaden Xerox color portfolio
The Xerox 770 Digital Color Press can help print providers increase monthly print volume by expanding into applications such as photo books, direct-mail pieces, marketing materials and calendars.
A key feature of the Xerox 770 Digital Color Press is the Automated Color Quality Suite, a set of tools that handle color management tasks with minimal operator involvement, allowing for more high-value, profitable applications to move quickly through the shop. The press also prints on a range of stocks, including heavyweight, at the rated speed of 70 pages per minute, a significant competitive advantage.
The new Xerox 700i Digital Color Press updates the software and capabilities of the Xerox 700 Digital Color Press, which has generated print volume and revenue growth for thousands of global print providers.
Additional features of the Xerox 700i and 770 Digital Color Presses include:
- Inline finishing – easily creates high-value applications inline including face-trimmed saddle-stitched booklets, catalogs, punched documents, tri-fold brochures and photo specialty products.
- Heavyweight stock capabilities – increases productivity and application flexibility for stocks up to 300 gsm.
- Industry color standards – allows the presses to accurately match the designer's intent with optimal quality by achieving Fogra VPS certification. The presses also use the Adobe PDF Print Engine 2 and are licensed for Pantone Plus.
- Server options – meets the needs of specific print operations. Options for the Xerox 770 Digital Color Press include Xerox FreeFlow Print Server and EX Print Server powered by EFI Fiery. The 700i Press has these options as well as the Xerox CX Print Server powered by Creo.
- Scanning and copying – increases flexibility with an automatic duplex copying and scanning of 600 x 600 dpi and offers a variety of scanning options such as scan-to-file PDF and paper handling up to 11" x 17".
Xerox Color 550/560 even stronger
The Xerox Color 550/560 Printer packs sharp image quality and a host of application options into an affordable package – and one with a footprint flexible enough to fit in large enterprises, commercial print operations and quick print shops. Enhancements to the devices include:
- Integrated in-line Xerox SquareFold Trimmer Module – produces square-spine booklets that lay flat for a professional look.
- GBC Advanced Punch – automates the process of printing, collating and punching to save time, maximize productivity and lower costs.
- Mobile Print Solution option – allows employees to print securely from any email-enabled smartphone, tablet or laptop without downloading an application, loading software or searching for online printer information.
- Xerox Integrated Color Server – offers the image quality and color management of a more robust device, expanding offerings and lowering costs by allowing printers to produce high-quality work.
The Xerox 770 Digital Color Press and Xerox Color 550/560 Printer will be on display in booth No. 400 at Graph Expo 2011, Sept. 11-14 in Chicago.
The Xerox 700i Digital Color Press will be available in the U.S. on Oct. 1; order taking for the Xerox 770 Digital Color Press begins worldwide in October with installations starting in November. The new options on the Color 550/560 Printer will be available after Oct. 3 based on geography.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free