Ricoh Drives Digital Inkjet Technology With InfoPrint 5000 Enhancements
Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Proven Production Print Solutions Continue to Expand With New Models, Extended Paper Support, Ink-Optimization Tools and Additional Datastream Features
BOULDER, CO - Ricoh Company, Ltd. today announced continued growth for the family of InfoPrint 5000 products with the availability of both its high speed InfoPrint 5000 VP and a new Monochrome with MICR On Demand configuration, extended paper support for additional coated, heavy and light-weight stocks, and specified color support that enables new applications. These enhancements come on the heels of the announcement of Ink Suite, the innovative ink management tools which optimize ink cost estimates, reduce labor and process costs and help organizations achieve optimum document appearance with minimal ink consumption.
"The InfoPrint 5000 is a vital component in our print environment and has enabled us to drive new revenue streams while consistently delivering on our customers' needs," said Brett Birky, vice president of sales for Frederic Printing, a Consolidated Graphics company. "We continue to be impressed by innovations in the range of InfoPrint 5000 offerings and hope to continue growing our business, leveraging this flexible and reliable system."
The modular InfoPrint 5000 family consists of three platforms that can be configured in a wide variety of color, monochrome and MICR solutions to meet the growing requirements of transactional printers, commercial printers, book printers and direct mailers. The InfoPrint 5000 offers market-leading features such as simple design, small footprint, low power consumption, high quality inks, minimal operator tasks, platform interoperability and productivity tools including a suite of ink management utilities. New enhancements for the InfoPrint 5000 family include:
- Extended media support: A new higher capacity dryer option has been enabled on the InfoPrint 5000 GP platform, and this function is planned for the other InfoPrint 5000 platforms in the future. This option expands the range of coated, heavy-weight, and light-weight stocks that customers can run on the InfoPrint 5000, allowing customers to print additional applications and further leverage their inkjet investment.
- InfoPrint 5000 VP: The very high speed (up to 722 feet/3150 impressions per minute) InfoPrint 5000 VP platform is available for companies with extremely high volumes and tight print windows. The full color InfoPrint 5000 VP complements the other InfoPrint 5000 platforms and provides the same high value, with a range of speeds, excellent print quality, compact and simple design, high reliability and easy operations.
- Monochrome with MICR On Demand: This new InfoPrint 5000 configuration is another example of extending interoperability, by using an InfoPrint 5000 GP and an InfoPrint 5000 MP to produce a duplex monochrome job with on demand ("spot") MICR at high speed. The system takes up less floor space than traditional high speed Monochrome EP systems running MICR, with increased throughput, lower power consumption and the same high reliability of other InfoPrint 5000 configurations. Shipments of the new InfoPrint 5000 Monochrome with MICR On Demand are complementary to the previously available Color with MICR On Demand and Color with Integrated MICR solutions.
- Specified color support in Adobe PDF and PostScript environments: This new feature opens the door for many new applications, by processing tagged data to be printed with an ink other than black, cyan, magenta or yellow. The function is available for an InfoPrint 5000 GP color configuration with an InfoPrint 5000 MP MICR. While MICR is the first special ink being shipped with this feature, other inks and fluids can be used in the future, enabling new applications, functionality and productivity.
- InfoPrint 5000 MP: The InfoPrint 5000 MP platform (originally offered with MICR) has been extended to include monochrome, and most recently full color. InfoPrint 5000 MPs may be configured together, or with InfoPrint 5000 GPs, and may also be field converted across monochrome, color and MICR. InfoPrint 5000 MP MICR and Monochrome solutions are in production, and InfoPrint 5000 MP Color installations are underway.
- InfoPrint Ink Suite Integration with InfoPrint ProcessDirector: A full suite of ink measurement tools that produce quick and accurate ink estimates at the job costing stage and capture actual ink usage upon print completion. These tools are now fully integrated into the InfoPrint ProcessDirector, providing customers with unparalleled flexibility and productivity.
"Our goal is to maintain leadership in the inkjet production print industry by consistently enhancing and expanding our full line of InfoPrint 5000 products and features," said George Promis, vice president of Continuous Forms Production Solutions & Technology Alliances, Ricoh Production Print Solutions (RPPS*). "We work very closely with customers to provide the technology, functions and tools required to meet their evolving needs. These innovations continue to bring customers the high quality, reliability and flexibility they expect from the InfoPrint 5000 product family; and with new functions and configurations available, customers can maximize their return on investment more than ever before."
The InfoPrint 5000 is an ideal choice for producing a variety of applications, including transactional documents (e.g. statements); precision marketing pieces; direct mail, short run or customized books and other commercial documents. For all types of applications, and across all the configurations, customers get the extensive benefits of InfoPrint 5000, including extraordinary reliability, superb print quality, high-quality inks, compact and simple design, powerful and robust process management software and the lowest power consumption for print production products.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free