KBA's Service Select Program Draws Enthusiastic Customer Reviews
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Increased productivity, better understanding, and optimized press usage are cited
KBA North America's After Press Installation Support Program known as Service Select is being embraced by many of KBA's leading press customers. Service Select is a complete line of customized service products designed to maximize the productivity and profitability of a customer's KBA press. An array of programs are available for KBA's entire line of presses–from the small footprint Genius 20-inch to the large-format Rapida 205 81-inch–and are designed to maximize the customer's return-on-investment (ROI) and minimize costly downtime.
Here's what KBA Service Select customers have to say:
"After participating in the KBA Service Select program our press crews were quickly brought up to speed," says John Giusto, Chief Operating Officer, Curtis Packaging Corporation, Sandy Hook, NJ. "We were quite impressed with the expertise, knowledge, and training that the highly-skilled KBA technicians brought to our workplace."
"The KBA Service Select program helped us to increase our productivity and fully understand our equipment benefits," says Kevin Vande Yacht, Pressroom Manager, Menasha Packaging's Folding Carton Group, Neenah, Wisc. "We invited them into a Kaizen event on our KBA press to help us find ways to reduce process downtime. Their program helped us develop a workflow map on how to improve the overall workflow efficiency."
"Service Select's expert training and service led our company to greatly improve our production numbers on our KBA Rapida 142 56-inch six-color press with inline aqueous and UV coating," says Margaret Krumholz, President of DISC, a leading source of specialty packaging solutions headquartered in Hauppauge, NY. "KBA tailored the program to our specific needs and provided our press operators with the tools to optimize our press usage and learn new techniques."
The Service Select Program encompasses an array of packages and solutions that can be customized to a customer's exact needs and budgets. Programs can be scheduled for one day or multiple days to on-going visits. Product solutions include:
- Statistical analysis, in which a complete analysis of press error codes, operating methods, speeds and production numbers are analyzed.
- Evaluation programs for production, workflow, color management, pressroom and press operating procedures with follow-up programs for training needs
- Training and education designed to meet the needs of customers for optimizing press operation or learning new processes such as UV, plastic, coating, and other techniques
- Machine audits that provide a complete and comprehensive mechanical and electrical press assessment
- Check and Print one-day quick-check analysis of major press components
- Remote maintenance on-going 24/7 online and phone support with operational machine reports and trouble-shooting
- Relocation programs helping customers with complete stop-to-start relocation planning to optimize their plant workflow and productivity
Another innovation within the new Service Select program is Service Select Press Upgrades. KBA continually develops new innovations that can be added to a customer's existing press to ensure competitiveness. These press upgrades include:
- Densitronic S: a complete density and spectral color control system
- CIP Link: automatic transfer of prepress data for presetting the press
- Logotronic Professional: a complete press and plant management information system
- Automatic press systems such as improved wash-up system, faster plate mounting, and computerized maintenance programs.
Please call KBA at 469-532-8000 and ask about Service Select programs for your company.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free