Log In | Become a Member | Contact Us

Market Intelligence for Printing and Publishing

Connect on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Featured:     M&A Trends     Production Inkjet     Installations and Placements Tracker

InnerWorkings Report 29% Revenue Growth Year-Over-Year in Q2

Friday, August 05, 2011

Press release from the issuing company

Record Quarterly Revenue Reflects 29% Year-Over-Year Growth; Company Raises Revenue Guidance

CHICAGO – InnerWorkings, Inc., a leading provider of global print management and promotional solutions, today reported results for the three months ended June 30, 2011.

Quarterly Highlights:

  • Record revenue generated during the quarter was $155.6 million, an increase of 29% compared with the second quarter of 2010.
  • Net income was $3.7 million, an increase of 18% compared to $3.1 million in the year-earlier period. Earnings were $0.08 per diluted share compared to $0.07 per diluted share in the year-earlier period. Both earnings per share figures include $0.01 per diluted share from the sale of Echo Global Logistics stock.
  • Second quarter 2011 net income was negatively impacted by a one-time $950,000 preference claim liability accrual related to a client bankruptcy in 2008. Excluding this one-time item, second quarter 2011 non-GAAP net income was $4.3 million, an increase of 36% compared to net income of $3.1 million in the year-earlier period. Please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation table below for more information.
  • Adjusted EBITDA was $9.5 million, an increase of 23% compared to $7.7 million in the year-earlier period. Please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation table below for more information.
  • Year-over-year enterprise revenue growth of 30% and transactional revenue growth of 26%. Revenue from new enterprise accounts was $15.0 million in the second quarter.
  • "InnerWorkings' record second quarter performance reflects strong operational execution and increased demand for our print management solution," said Eric D. Belcher, Chief Executive Officer of InnerWorkings. "The Company's long-term growth will be driven by our expanding global platform and the value it provides to multinational businesses seeking a single global partner."

Additional second quarter 2011 financial and operational highlights include the following:

  • 74% of the Company's revenue was generated from sales to enterprise clients, with the remaining 26% derived from transactional clients.
  • As of June 30, 2011, the Company had an outstanding balance of $53.9 million on its $100 million bank credit facility and retained cash and short-term investments of $11.6 million.

"The Company's financial position is strong and we are well positioned to continue growing our net margins and generate additional leverage in the model in 2011," said Joseph M. Busky, Chief Financial Officer of InnerWorkings.


The Company is raising its 2011 revenue guidance from $590 million to $620 million to $600 million to $625 million. The Company's 2011 earnings per share guidance remains in the range of $0.29 to $0.32.

Conference Call

A conference call will be broadcast live on Thursday, August 4, 2011, at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time). The live webcast discussion, which will include a Q&A session, will be hosted by Eric D. Belcher, Chief Executive Officer, and Joseph M. Busky, Chief Financial Officer.

To access the conference call by telephone, interested parties may dial (877) 771-7024. Interested parties are also invited to listen to the live webcast by visiting the Investor "Events & Presentations" section of InnerWorkings' website at investor.inwk.com/events.cfm. A replay of the webcast will be available later that day in the same section of the website.


Post a Comment

To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free



Email Icon Email

Print Icon Print

Become a Member

Join the thousands of printing executives who are already part of the WhatTheyThink Community.

Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved