Fuji Xerox to Release High Speed Full-Color Inkjet
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
TOKYO, - For data printing and commercial printing, Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. has developed a full-color inkjet printing system, 2800 Inkjet Color Continuous Feed Printing System, which has achieved the fastest output speed - 200 meters per minute in full-color duplex - in its product lineup. The new system is available in the Asia-Pacific region for immediate order taking, with installations starting on August 31.
The new system's full-color variable data printing feature with enhanced reliability will contribute to improvement of communications between customers and corporations in industries that need to issue such documents as account statements and invoices to individual customers. In those industries including banking and finance, life insurance, utility, securities and telecom, there is a growing need for high-volume printing in short lead-time as well as for variable printing that adds personalized information to each customer's document, which would encourage consumers to make a purchase decision or boost response rates.
The features include:
- High-speed output of 200 meters per minute in full-color duplex (2,624 pages 2-up duplex A4)Note1 by employing the inkjet printing system, making it Fuji Xerox's first inkjet production printer.
- To print variable data on each page, the newly-developed controller - a high-speed raster image processor (RIP) accelerator - boosts the data conversion performance to ensure the output speed of the printer engine.
- The new printer enables duplex printing without additional printer - as for previous high-speed inkjet printing systems in the market, two printers needed to be connected for duplex printing - thus saving the installation space by 50 percent.
- The main unit features a color management tool to reduce the time required to adjust colors for image reproducibility, while also printing crispy sharp text and numbers.
- The easy-to-use touch panel allows users intuitive operation to check the status of the printing system, printing jobs and RIP performance, which maximizes the operation efficiency.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free