Equitrac Releases New and Enhanced Features for Education Market
Monday, June 13, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
PLANTATION, FL, – Equitrac Corporation, a global provider of intelligent print management and cost recovery solutions, today announced a significant set of new features for Equitrac Express, the leading print management solution for the education market. With this release, higher education institutions, K-12 schools and school districts will benefit from key new account management features and enhancements to streamline workflows, as well as new Web-based tools for improved user control of print workflows.
New account management features of Equitrac Express help to reduce the administrative time and financial resources that are required to provide guest access to printing, as well as provide the flexibility to independently manage both paid and institution-funded -- or allotted -- printing accounts.
- Creation of Guest Accounts: Users can now create and manage their own guest print accounts via an online application. Once an account is created, users can add funds via cashier, Web Deposit or Pay Station Deposit Center. This feature frees up administrative resources by allowing users and guests to create and manage their own accounts.
- Allotted & Paid Account Management: System managers have complete flexibility to independently manage both paid and allotted accounts. The separation between accounts allows administrators to manage or reset allotted accounts without fear of affecting paid accounts. Allotted accounts are automatically charged before paid accounts, and scheduled resets only affect allotted accounts, allowing students to rollover any print funds deposited.
Enhancements to Equitrac's Dashboard Web Tool provide users with improved access to print account information and allow for increased self-management of user accounts, reducing the burden on administrators.
- Print Job Display and Management: The Dashboard Web Tool now displays all jobs in the print queue, allowing users to view and manage their job list prior to logging into an output device. Users can delete selected jobs from the Dashboard Web Tool, reducing their time spent at the printer.
- Configurable Activity Reports: Administrators now have the ability to select specific reports to be displayed for end-users through the Dashboard Web Tool.
- Configurable Account Information: Administrators can now choose the most appropriate information to display to the end-user to manage their print accounts, such as account balance, Campus Card balance and remaining color quota.
For organizations that utilize billing codes to track and chargeback print expenses to cost centers, Equitrac Express now offers more flexible options for billing codeentry and eliminates the requirement to install the desktop billing code pop-up, while maintaining the ability to charge print jobs to defined accounts.
- User-Specified Default Billing Code: Users can now specify default billing codes to charge all print jobs using the Dashboard Web Tool.
- Prompt for Billing Code at Print Release: PageCounter terminals and select embedded endpoints can now prompt users to enter a billing code when they release a print job.
For administrators, Equitrac has further streamlined workflows to give greater flexibility and has automated manual processes needed to manage print accounts integrated with campus card systems, including:
- Improved Campus Card Mapping: Equitrac Express now automates the creation of the internal mapping table in the Equitrac accounting server, eliminating the need for administrators to maintain manual import files. This allows for faster access by users to their print account through their Campus Card.
- Mixed Factor Authentication: On PageCounter terminals and select embedded endpoints, users will now only be prompted to enter a secondary PIN when it exists in the database. Thus administrators can control which users are required to use both a card swipe and secondary PIN to authenticate.
"These enhancements to Equitrac Express will dramatically improve the day-to-day experience for both end users and administrators who manage education print environments," said Gaetan Spake, vice president of product management and business development at Equitrac. "Saving time and resources, providing simple print workflows for users, and easing system management requirements are top priorities for our educational customers, and this release delivers improvements in each of those areas."
Equitrac Express version 4.2.2 will be available for deployments in July. Read more about how Equitrac can help your business at the Print Management Blog. For more information on Equitrac Express call 1-800-327-0183, or email email@example.com.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free