MGI Boosts Productivity With Introduction Of New Meteor DP8700 XL
Monday, June 06, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
IVRY SUR SEINE, France / MELBOURNE, Fla. – MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the manufacturer of multi-substrate digital printing and finishing solutions, announces the introduction of the new Meteor DP8700 XL digital press. The Meteor DP8700 XL will make its worldwide debut at Graphitec in Paris this week (Pte de Versailles, Pavilion 4, booth E015), with the North American debut taking place at GRAPH EXPO, held September 11-14 at McCormick Place in Chicago (booth 3619).
The Meteor DP8700 XL is the latest member of the Meteor family of 4-color multi-substrate digital presses, with worldwide installations at customers within key markets such as commercial printing, in-plants, plastic card manufacturers, book printers, photo printers, governments and many others.
While it incorporates the key features that make the Meteor series the most versatile in the industry, including true multi-substrate versatility for paper, plastics and envelopes, laser-safe prints, offset comparable output and no click charge, the Meteor DP8700 XL also includes new features designed to maximize production and optimize ease of operation, including:
- Largest sheet size among production sheetfed digital presses (up to 13 x 40" in production, up to 13 x 47" via manual bypass)
- Increased production speed for up to 4,260 A4/letter pages per hour and up to 2,280 A3 pages per hour
- Superior output quality at 3600 dpi (8 bit printing) and more than 20 line screen variations ranging from 95 to 270 lpi, in both regular and stochastic modes. Users also have the option to choose up to 2 different line screens within the same print job.
- New auto-adjusting offset feeder table, which eliminates skew and keeps registration consistent at an industry-leading ±0.2mm (L-R)
- New high definition, silicone-free dry toners (CMYK) with a smaller particle size and formulated using renewable and organic components. Each cartridge also has a higher capacity than previous generations of Meteor digital presses and can be changed "on-the-fly" without interrupting production
- Expanded image area, with a width of 321 mm / 12.6" and up to 1011 mm / 39.8" in length when utilizing Super Format printing
- The EnvelopExpress Pro, featuring an updated design for the Meteor DP8700 XL, increases production capabilities and improves job efficiency
- Powerful Fiery Pro80 System 9 RIP for maximum processing power and graphics management. Support for VPS & PPML 2.2, as well as Adobe PostScript Level 3, TIFF and PDF, JDF compliance, plus Command WorkStation 5 and job queue management, including hot folders.
- Monthly duty cycle of 600,000 A4/letter pages
For more information, please visit MGI on the web at http://www.mgi-fr.com / www.mgiusa.com.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free