Toshiba Launches Two New Color MFPs with Increased Connectivity, Security and Energy Savings
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
IRVINE, Calif., – Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS) today announced the introduction of its most advanced and connected, color multifunction products (MFPs) to-date with the release of the Toshiba e-STUDIO5540c/6540c/6550c series and e-STUDIO2040c/2540c/3040c/3540c/4540c series. All of the models in these two advanced series boast industry-leading image quality utilizing Toshiba's enhanced laser image technology, powerful paper handling, versatile scanning functions, and the next-generation Toshiba e-BRIDGE controller platform providing enhanced connectivity and solutions readiness.
The e-STUDIO6550c Series
The e-STUDIO6550c series was designed for general offices demanding high-speed color, as well as graphic-intensive environments such as marketing and sales departments and small on-demand printing agencies. This series produces crisp text with 1,200 x 1,200 dpi print resolution at speeds of 65 pages-per-minute (ppm) for color and up to 75 ppm for black and white, as well as 600 x 600 dpi scanning resolution. Designed to make even the most complex copy and scan jobs effortless, the ergonomically designed 10.4 inch super VGA control panel includes one-touch access keys to the various MFP functions, offering quick and easy access to key features.
The e-STUDIO4540c Series
The e-STUDIO4540c series has virtually all of the same outstanding device features of the e-STUDIO6550c series, but delivers 20-45 pages-per-minute in both color and black and white with print resolutions of 600 x 2400 dpi and scanning resolutions of 600 x 600 dpi. These models are best suited for general offices that print more than 30 percent of documents in color.
Most importantly, both new series integrate the most advanced Linux-based Toshiba e-BRIDGE controller. This platform simplifies links between the e-STUDIO device and third-party software solutions, ultimately offering many new advantages for users and dealers including: better connectivity, simplified customization, system serviceability, and maintainability.
The Do-it-Yourself MFP
With the e-BRIDGE Fleet Management System v.5.1, administrators have the power to manage multiple devices, establish initial settings with the touch of a screen, and even clone settings from other e-STUDIO models for quick-and-easy set-up. This allows IT professionals to manage devices in a more flexible and timely manner.
Additionally, a new Universal Print Driver makes it possible for administrators to standardize one driver for their Toshiba fleet, and install new features by simply plugging them in without reinstalling the driver.
Toshiba's e-BRIDGE Open Platform also provides seamless and streamlined integration with document capture and workflow solutions, cost accounting systems, and allows for customization to meet specific document workflow requirements.
Open Platform also allows for connections to the cloud by giving users the ability to scan documents directly to cloud-based collaboration services and access stored documents at the control panel of the MFP.
More Secure than Ever
The e-STUDIO6550c series and e-STUDIO4540c series have taken Toshiba's already outstanding security technology to the next level by offering more administrator control through simplified operation of advanced features, including:
- Hard disk AES encryption and data overwrite which allows a security mode that complies with the highest security level of its kind: IEEE 2600.1.
- IP/MAC address filtering which allows users to prevent illegal access by limiting the set of IP and MAC addresses that can access the MFP.
- Role Based Access Control which can restrict rights to use the MFP for each user without using a LDAP server.
- Secure PDF encryption with up to 128-bit AES.
- SNMPv3 protocol which enables dramatically enhanced security administration using authentication and encryption to protect SNMP packets from interception, spoofing, alteration or retransmission.
- Optional IPSec protocol.
Doing More for Our Planet
Toshiba has worked diligently for years to develop some of the world's leading technologies for reducing environmental impacts, and the new e-STUDIO6550c and e-STUDIO4540c series is yet further proof of that dedication.
A few of the environmentally-friendly features include:
- A dramatic reduction in power consumption while in sleep mode – reduced to 5W.
- An overall reduction of power by as much as 40 percent.
- A product design that is made up of 30 percent recycled plastics, which has contributed to a 21 percent reduction in carbon dioxide output.
- Paper and toner waste reduction features such as Omit Blank Page and Outside Edge Erase features.
- RoHS compliance.
- Energy Star Version1.1 compliance.
- Blue Angel Mark and other environmental-performance labels compliance, as established in other countries and regions, permitting the use of these advanced devices throughout the world.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free