Xplor International's Complimentary "Lunch and Learn Series" Returns
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Land O'Lakes, FL – Xplor International, the worldwide electronic document systems association, today announced the return of their monthly "Lunch and Learn" webinar series. The monthly webinars will run from May through October 2011 and are held the third Thursday of each month at 1:00 pm EST. The informal panel format, lead by industry veteran, Pat McGrew, M-EDP, covers a host of subjects related to the electronic document industry.
Tweet this: Xplor's Lunch and Learn Series Returns in May: http://bit.ly/Y0Qv0 #xpl2011
"The Lunch and Learn series have been very successful and attendees have found it to be an excellent opportunity to learn a wide range of subjects," says Xplor President and CEO, Skip Henk, EDP. "We are excited to resume the series of one hour events and grateful to those that volunteer their time to participate and freely share their knowledge and experiences."
- May 19: QR Codes, What's the Big Deal? QR codes are popping up everywhere, those odd squares, sometimes sitting near an invitation to scan them and learn more. Some are QR Codes, some are Microsoft Custom Tags, some are Aztec tags and some are JagTags. They all have the potential of helping you create an interactive conversation from print communication, but you need to know what to look for as you are building your workflow and setting expectations. In this hour, we've gathered some experts and we will talk through what you need to know!
- June 16: Back to Basics – Picking Fonts For Online And Print: One of the most popular topics at the recent Xplor Conference and Vendor Forum was font selection. Since many "Xplorers" are often confronted with documents that still use legacy fonts dating back 10 or 20 years, often those fonts don't look as good as they used to when they move to new technology including higher-resolution output. What can you do? What are your options?
- July 21: Technology Basics – Toner, Inkjet and Pixel Primer: You just found out that your company is embarking on a multi-channel marketing strategy – what does that mean to you? Do you know the difference between toner and ink jet, how to create a workflow for delivery on both paper and pixels? This webinar will discuss what makes them different and how you should be prepared.
- August 18: ECM: What You Need To Know! Enterprise Content Management has become a big part of the business process for the industry. In this webinar we'll look at what it is and how it fits into the workflow for customer communication.
- September 15: Technology Basics – Designing for Print and Pixel: Design is part art and part science, especially when you are delivering communication on paper and on the screen. This webinar brings together best practices for multi-channel presentation!
- October 20: Fall Wrap Up – What's New, What's Emerging: It's been an exciting year, now it's time to look back over the shows, announcements and best practices to pick the stars for the year. What was good, and what didn't quite meet our needs?
The Lunch and Learn webinars are being produced by the Xplor Document University, the educational arm of Xplor International, the webinars are complimentary and open to anyone interested in participating. For more information visit www.xplor.org or if you have questions or need help, call Lynn Robbins at +1 813-929-8100 or email at email@example.com.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free