Log In | Become a Member | Contact Us

Market Intelligence for Printing and Publishing

Connect on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Featured:     M&A Trends     Production Inkjet     Installations and Placements Tracker

Multi-Color Establishes Latin American Operations

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Press release from the issuing company

Multi-Color Corporation (MCC) is delighted to announce that it has entered into agreements to buy 70% ownership in two label operations in Latin America: one in Santiago, Chile and the other in Mendoza, Argentina with regional partner Mr. Fernando Aravena owning the remaining 30%. Mr. Aravena has over 25 years experience in the Latin American label industry as owner and manager of operations in Chile, Argentina, Mexico and Peru.


MCC`s initial investment is USD 3.7 million and is effective on May 2, 2011. Existing business assets will be transferred to two new companies, Collotype Labels (Chile) S.A. and Collotype Labels (Argentina) S.A.  The companies will focus on providing premium labels to the expanding Latin American wine and spirit markets and thus will operate using MCC`s Collotype trade name.


"We have been keen to establish operations in Latin America and see this as an attractive first step. We have known Mr. Aravena for many years and appreciate this opportunity to partner with him and his established team. They have a proven track record in the region, have recently invested in the latest pressure sensitive label technology and have long standing customer relationships. Together we see exciting growth opportunities in these developing markets," said MCC President and CEO, Nigel Vinecombe.


For more information on this press release, please contact:


Nigel Vinecombe
President & CEO
Multi-Color Corporation
4053 Clough Woods Drive
Batavia, Ohio  45103
+1 (513) 345-1158


Post a Comment

To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free



Email Icon Email

Print Icon Print

Become a Member

Join the thousands of printing executives who are already part of the WhatTheyThink Community.

Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved