PaperSpecs hosts “Paper Buying Goes Holistic” webinar
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Palo Alto, California – Does the big picture on sustainability seem to be too big to conquer when it comes to making informed choices? After all, each printed project is unique, and each client has different needs and goals.
So how do you, as a graphic designer, go about setting up criteria for selecting a vendor, making a responsible paper selection, or supporting your recommendations to your clients?
“Paper Buying Goes Holistic” will bring the big sustainability picture down to a manageable size by showing attendees:
- How a strong sustainability platform is good for your bottom line
- How to set priorities among important, but sometimes competing interests
- Why renewable energy, a low carbon footprint and sustainably harvested wood matter
- How you can make the greatest impact in reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Companies who are successfully implementing sustainable practices
- Have you been waiting for access to an industry leader that can answer your pressing sustainability questions?
Webinar attendees will have an hour with Laura Thompson, director of Technical Marketing and Sustainable Development for Sappi Fine Paper North America. Thompson will provide helpful tips on goal setting and strategy for building your own sustainability platform based on her considerable experience in the trenches.
“There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to sustainability,” says Thompson, “This is a subject where knowledge is power. I want to empower designers with information they can use to make good decisions. There are complex tradeoffs, especially now that digital platforms are such a big part of the media mix. Every project is different, and therefore, requires different choices. The point of sharing a holistic view of sustainability is to provide designers with information that they can use to make the best choices given the unique requirements of different communications projects.”
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free