Enfocus announces Switch 10
Thursday, April 07, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Gent, Belgium - Enfocus announces Switch 10, the latest version of its suite of workflow software solutions that automate repetitive tasks, allowing printing and publishing professionals to focus on creativity and adding value to their businesses. The new version gives printers, publishers and ad agencies exploring and adding new revenue streams - as well as anyone interested in higher overall efficiency across departments - the simplest yet most robust automation backbone for their organization.
New and enhanced features within Switch 10 will give publishers more robust automation, greater depths of data security, and the ability to extract more value from existing information sources and third-party tools. Switch automation software comes in three versions, depending on users' needs: LightSwitch for smaller publishers, printers or ad agencies; FullSwitch for larger customers seeking greater integration with third-party applications; and PowerSwitch for more complex graphic arts environments.
IT Departments Provide Input for Wider Switch Implementation at Customer Sites
One of the key elements of Switch 10 development, according to Elli Cloots, Director of Product Management at Enfocus, was the input of Switch customers' IT departments. Many publishers' production and IT personnel have been working together to move Switch into a more over-arching role in their entire operation, as both are recognizing the value it brings in connecting with third party programs, including the companies' own DAM and MIS systems, with simple, visual workload management and easy modification of all processes for more efficient automation across all processes.
"When Switch is at the heart of your company, you're looking for continuity, predictability and security, and that's exactly what we want to deliver with Switch 10," says Cloots. "We didn't stop there, though. Users will also be able to save valuable time and money through the seamless integration of Switch 10 with third-party business software and databases."
Enfocus Switch 10 Highlights
To automate with confidence, Switch 10 includes:
- Workload visualizer: continually tracks whether network loads, file volumes and other critical performance parameters remain within workable limits. The tool informs you of any risk to system overload by means of a simple indicator. Switch also provides more advanced monitoring tools to find the reason for the warning.
- Optimized processing: an improved processing engine enabling Switch 10 to handle many simultaneous processes independently of each other. A problem arising with one process will not affect the others.
Enhanced data security is provided through:
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP): this is integrated within Switch 10 to ensure that files are sent and received safely over the Internet.
- SwitchProxy module: operations and IT continuity is assured; clients can always deliver to a publisher's server, even if it is being maintained or updated, through a proxy server. This separate module is available for FullSwitch and PowerSwitch users only, as an option.
Users can gain more value from existing information sources and tools:
- Database Connector Module: Switch can automatically use relevant information from other business software such as MIS and ERP systems. In Switch 10, integration is even easier through a specific module (optional). Available for PowerSwitch users only upon release of Switch 10 update 1.
- Third-party configurators easier to manage: Switch users can update a plug-in as soon as a new version is published on the Crossroads website. Available for FullSwitch and PowerSwitch users only.
Improve Customer Service with SwitchClient
Further enhancements in Switch 10 (FullSwitch and PowerSwitch only) are improved job filtering, sorting and locking via a new graphic user interface in the desktop SwitchClient collaboration tool, which makes life easier for operators. Customers benefit from an easy and customized interface when submitting files, thanks to the ability to use, and interact with, metadata fields.
Pricing and Availability
The Switch 10 product family will be available from www.enfocus.com in the 2nd quarter of 2011. The upgrade is included for Switch clients who have a maintenance contract. For more information on upgrades and pricing, including the optional modules, contact your preferred reseller, email firstname.lastname@example.org or consult the Enfocus website at www.enfocus.com.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free