Thumb Media Group debuts Mozine 4.0 with new ad platform on NYLON Mobile App
Monday, March 14, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Washington, D.C. - The mobile edition of NYLON magazine received an update with the debut of the Mozine 4.0 from mobile publishing provider Thumb Media Group (TMG). In addition to a new operating platform, the Mozine for NYLON now features integrated advertising campaigns from top Fortune 500 brands.
"With each release, TMG strives to create an app that is more in tune with its audience," said Mike Cartabiano, CEO, TMG. "The Mozine 4.0 offers both a more satisfying user experience and added benefits for publishers, including a first-of-its-kind advertising solution."
For the NYLON mobile app, TMG partnered with mobile ad agency iVdopia to run pre-app commercials from major advertisers. The video advertisements run on the load screen, instead of on the phone's native video player, which allows advertisers to share messages without pulling users away the content. This new HTML5 video technology-known ad VDO-is exclusive to iVdopia and its partners. TMG plans to work with iVdopia on other titles as well.
Beyond this new ad capability, the Mozine 4.0 provides other improvements for publishers:
- Various pricing models from ad-supported to subscription-based
- New ad-serving platform, powered by mOcean Mobile and allowing publishers to sell directly to advertising clients
- Advanced reporting, with Google Analytics to measure user metrics and engagements
- Additional user interface designs and enhanced, one-step content management system
New consumer-facing features of the Mozine 4.0 include:
- Offline viewing option once a Mozine is downloaded
- Robust content data feeds with faster downloads of all content, including photo images and video
- Fully integrated media so that users do not need to leave the app to access content
- Updated photo gallery layout with optional captions and landscape view
- Enhanced functionality on all BlackBerry models using OS 4.6 or higher
"Mobile advertising is all about maximizing time and space," said Ryan McConville, Director of Business Development, iVdopia. "Where Thumb Media Group optimizes magazine content for Smartphone distribution, iVdopia does the same for advertisers. The Mozine for NYLON has proven to be a huge success for our clients, and we look forward to future partnerships."
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free