Wolters Kluwer establishes maximum value award for vendors
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Riverwoods, Ill. — Wolters Kluwer’s innovative, award-winning supplier performance management program is itself granting awards next month – recognizing suppliers who have made important contributions to Wolters Kluwer and its customers. Wolters Kluwer is a market-leading global information services company focused on professionals,
The first annual Maximum Value Award recognizes Wolters Kluwer suppliers whose excellent performance has had a major impact on the value Wolters Kluwer provides customers.
“All the vendors we’re honoring have far exceeded usual performance standards,” explained Steve Nied, Vice President, Strategic Sourcing and Operational Excellence, Global Shared Services. “Not only have they helped us manage costs and risk, but they’ve really stepped beyond that – developing innovative ideas and tools that help Wolters Kluwer maximize value for our customers.”
Alejandro Gusis, Director, Strategic Sourcing and Operational Excellence, Global Shared Services, concurs: “Each of this year’s honorees not only provides prompt and proactive customer service and support – they are responsive, dependable and show great attention to detail. What’s even more important – they are keenly attuned to our customers’ needs.”
The recipients of the 2011 Maximum Value Award are:
- Corporate Identity – Provides promotional products, particularly for trade shows, working with several Wolters Kluwer divisions.
- Concord Marketing Solutions – Provides promotional products for several Wolters Kluwer divisions.
- Clifford Paper – Supplies paper for Wolters Kluwer’s printing and publishing needs in North America.
- SHI – Provides software, hardware, and related services globally as a reseller for major IT original equipment manufacturers.
- Document Technologies, Inc. – Provides mailroom, copy center and facilities services in a number of key locations in North America.
- Egencia – Provides corporate travel services to all North American businesses.
- T-Mobile – Provides mobile communication services and equipment.
“All the recipients consistently scored well in performance metrics, and earned an important level of trust from the business with their outstanding commitment and service to Wolters Kluwer, not only meeting, but also exceeding, expectations,” said Nied.
The suppliers were scored and reviewed regularly on customer focus, agility, timeliness, cost, and quality.
The awards will be presented at a luncheon at Wolters Kluwer’s Riverwoods, IL office on March 14, with executives from the honored companies and Wolters Kluwer in attendance.
Since its inception in 2008, Wolters Kluwer’s supplier performance management program has generated significant cost savings and has reduced supplier risk.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free